TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Paint fume concentration...

Default Paint fume concentration...

I was painting in my unvented shop wearing a 3m mask. Seal was good, never smelled any thing but decided to come outside and leave door open to let some fresh air in. I turned off the inside lights to keep bugs from wanting to go in. I noticed fumes coming out for several minutes but took a quick video clip with phone. It honestly looked like shop was on fire at one point!

Quote Originally Posted by f3user View Post
    I was painting in my unvented shop wearing a 3m mask. Seal was good, never smelled any thing but decided to come outside and leave door open to let some fresh air in. I turned off the inside lights to keep bugs from wanting to go in. I noticed fumes coming out for several minutes but took a quick video clip with phone. It honestly looked like shop was on fire at one point!

Careful doing that man. Those respirators will only filter out so much before they are saturated. They really shouldn't be used for paint application processes. Fresh air is the way to go but I understand most people don't want to spend the money on one as a hobby.

wow, i just watched that too. as a hobbyist i use a full face 3m mask instead of fresh air system but i have really great air exchange in my "booth". you gotta get some ventilation in there!
    b marler