TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Light spot in base question? Deltron dbc

Default Light spot in base question? Deltron dbc

I sprayed base/clear on a 32 Ford frame, but I found a light spot that will need more color. Here's my plan, and please correct me if I'm wrong.

I just finished spraying the clear, so I'm going to wait for about an hour and reapply some base to the light areas, then reclear that area.

Anything I am missing. I read the data sheet and It just says I need to recoat before 24 hours. Will the base mess up the clear?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kcode View Post
    I sprayed base/clear on a 32 Ford frame, but I found a light spot that will need more color. Here's my plan, and please correct me if I'm wrong.

I just finished spraying the clear, so I'm going to wait for about an hour and reapply some base to the light areas, then reclear that area.

Anything I am missing. I read the data sheet and It just says I need to recoat before 24 hours. Will the base mess up the clear?

Thanks
    The data sheet is probably referring the time you should apply the CLEAR OVER THE BASE not the base over the clear. Personally I would wait until the next day then scuff the clear lightly, apply the base then clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    The data sheet is probably referring the time you should apply the CLEAR OVER THE BASE not the base over the clear. Personally I would wait until the next day then scuff the clear lightly, apply the base then clear it.
    That's exactly what I did. I will sand the clear tomorrow and shoot color.