TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: 07 Toyota Highlander

Default 07 Toyota Highlander

I know the pics will eventually be re-linked within a certain time frame but I haven't started using another photo storage server yet. I stripped and painted the hood on this one earlier in the year and just as I was getting ready to detail it for the owner someone at her work backed into it and did some minor damage. Some of us are calling this the job from hell. She had an estimate wrote at a local body shop but ended up bringing it to me to do the work. Last Friday the glass company (glass doctor) came by to take the glass out. Well....he broke it. They don't cover breakage so I was responsible for covering it. By doing the job I told her that I wasn't going to charge her the $500 deductible to save her some money. The glass co gave me a quote on a new piece and came to install it. They brought the wrong one. It is a tinted glass with a diversity antenna in it. Come to find out that couldn't even get the glass. Finally they find a used piece and in the meantime I submit a claim with the ins co for a new one. They call the owner and say they are sending a check for the glass. She then proceeds to tell them that she doesn't think they neither myself or the insurance should have to pay for it since the glass place broke it. The payment is halted and goes under investigation. The next day they show up with the glass and guess what? Wrong side this time. So finally the next day they get the right one and the insurance calls and says that they will pay for it. Anyway...I had some sw dimension base left over from when I did the hood so that is what I used along with some Tamco 895 intercoat clear as a blender and tamco 2100 clear. I ordered a cheap lvlp gun to use here at the garage to cut down on overspray and was able to replicate the factory orange peel with it. I'm still waiting on the stone guard protectors to come in to install them.

Default And 'another'...

Quote Originally Posted by xtremekustomz View Post

Nice job as per your usual. Looks great. Now, it's an "UNLimited" with your touch.

I used a ton of SW Dimension 4 Base and found it very acceptable and my jobber mixed it differently for me as he put less reducer in it so I ended up closer to a 1:1 vs the 2:1.

PICTURES: Why don't you put your pictures in your 'MY PICTURE' section. Then, when you need one or several for you, just click on them out of there? Of course I'm using MS Windows. Your options may vary.

Good job!

Henry