TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Advice on buying an orbital sander/polisher

Default Advice on buying an orbital sander/polisher

Just doing my own vehicle, not for professional use. Would it be essential to have variable speeds? If only one speed, how many rpm is good? I read that too high rpm burns the original paint off. Looking for something cheap-ish. Can I spend $40 and get something decent? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bardos View Post
    Just doing my own vehicle, not for professional use. Would it be essential to have variable speeds? If only one speed, how many rpm is good? I read that too high rpm burns the original paint off. Looking for something cheap-ish. Can I spend $40 and get something decent? thanks
    Most orbitals that run on compressed air are adjustable because you can raise or lower the air pressure being used.

We carry the sanders shown below that sell for around $50 plus shipping. While I haven't used either of these sanders I would probably prefer the black one because it's a "palm sander" and can be used one handed. Click on the pictures for details.

oops. i forgot to say: electric one

Quote Originally Posted by bardos View Post
    oops. i forgot to say: electric one
    I checked all the warehouses that we deal with and the only electric sanders are professional models that cost over $300. Check out Walmart or other big box stores to see what they carry.

yes, that's what i'm doing now... just learning the difference between sander and polisher.