TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: How to get "Cigarette Smoke" out of cars?

Default How to get "Cigarette Smoke" out of cars?

Is there a good way to do it?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SStampede View Post
    Is there a good way to do it?

Thanks.
    I would try Febreze LINK

And if you try it let us know how it works.

How bad is it? I've used baking soda before. I've also tried white vinegar. It kinda works but then the whole car smells like vinegar for a while lol. Maybe try sprinkling baking soda on the carpet and leaving it over night and then vacuum it up. Or just try a spot first to make sure it comes up clean. It should. That and a good steam clean might do it. When it comes to spraying stuff be careful it the headliner. The glue can release if it gets soaked. It's better to spray on a rag and wipe than spray directly.

I had a dead mouse in my truck heater box. Really smelled bad. I removed the bottom access cover and the fan and with a shop vac cleaned out the nest that was around the heater/ac fan and the fan resistor. While I was getting a new resistor from the dealership the parts guy said they use Fabreze in the shop for things like that. It was like magic. The smell was gone and never came back. I sprayed it into the heater box while I had the fan and bottom cover off. Highly recommend it.

Bob K

look for a product called "auto shocker" i've heard some good things about it. haven't tried it myself yet, but i will.
    b marler