TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: What next after cut and buff with wizards mystic cut?

Default What next after cut and buff with wizards mystic cut?

What is recommended after cut and buffing with Wizards mystic cut? I final sanded with 3000 grit, buffed with Wizards on wool pad, then polished with wizards on black pad. The finish looks great, now what to seal it with? Glaze, wax? Thanks Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by 73429mach View Post
    What is recommended after cut and buffing with Wizards mystic cut? I final sanded with 3000 grit, buffed with Wizards on wool pad, then polished with wizards on black pad. The finish looks great, now what to seal it with? Glaze, wax? Thanks Ryan.
    What kind of paint and how long has it been on the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    What kind of paint and how long has it been on the car?
    Paint is Restoration shop urethane Ford Grabber blue, clear is Urekem 410 urethane. It was painted and cleared back in October 2016. It's just been sitting in the garage, car isn't back together yet.

Paint is Restoration shop urethane Ford Grabber blue, clear is Urekem 410 urethane. It was painted and cleared back in October 2016. It's just been sitting in the garage, car isn't back together yet.
    After cutting and buffing you can use a glaze but most glazes don't last long but they are easy to use. When I want to apply something that will hold up for a while I use a good carnuba wax.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    After cutting and buffing you can use a glaze but most glazes don't last long but they are easy to use. When I want to apply something that will hold up for a while I use a good carnuba wax.
    The main thing I'm worried about is tree sap and bird droppings. The few times that I've pushed the car out of the garage, the birds have used it for target practice. It actually stained it but I've been able to buff it out. Any recommendations on a good carnuba wax?

The main thing I'm worried about is tree sap and bird droppings. The few times that I've pushed the car out of the garage, the birds have used it for target practice. It actually stained it but I've been able to buff it out. Any recommendations on a good carnuba wax?
    Mother's Brazilian Carnuba is a good one. We sell it for $18.25 but you would need to call to order it 888-485-5008

3M also makes a decent wax that is available for $19.95

For a longer and higher level of protection, you could use Optimum Gloss-Coat or something like it. They fall in the clear nano coating systems. I've used a few, and was very happy with the results. The down side is the cost, anywhere from $30 to $80.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by 89Blaze View Post
    For a longer and higher level of protection, you could use Optimum Gloss-Coat or something like it. They fall in the clear nano coating systems. I've used a few, and was very happy with the results. The down side is the cost, anywhere from $30 to $80.
    Yeah but any ceramic coating will last for a few years so it isn't really that expensive. That is if it is done right.

I use Optimum Opi Seal a lot. Long lasting and easy to apply. Carnuba is good for being slick but usually comes of after a few washes. If you want durability you want a paint sealant. If you want to learn a lot about detailing and products check out autopia.org