TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: will ae look close to Bc after its clearcoated?

Default will ae look close to Bc after its clearcoated?

a friend needs me to paint a new fender of a 16 dodge truck. I have the color already in AE but not in BC. If I shoot the fender and then CC with Omni mc 161 will it look good enough to replace the old fender. or do I have to bc and cc it. the color is Chrysler bright white

Quote Originally Posted by regg187 View Post
    a friend needs me to paint a new fender of a 16 dodge truck. I have the color already in AE but not in BC. If I shoot the fender and then CC with Omni mc 161 will it look good enough to replace the old fender. or do I have to bc and cc it. the color is Chrysler bright white
    If you're going to clear it you should use a base coat product. White is a pretty forgiving color and you may get away with just applying the AE but on a 2016 I'd spend the money and do a good base/clear job.

Thanks len I was leaning that direction for the same reason 2016 just hoping I could use up my old AE and not have to buy more BC.

i remember clearing ae regularly back in the day. whenever we did pearl, we always shot that in the clear, and sometimes people just wanted that extra depth that clear gives. of course the clear was ae as well, so there's that.
    i remember though, always being fearful of lifting when the first coat of clear went on. it happened to me only once. the paint rep gave me new product with no real explanation as to what happened. the labor though, that paint was a bear to remove.
    i'd try shooting a test panel to see if you get the desired result. nothing to lose but a little time and paint.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by regg187 View Post
    Thanks len I was leaning that direction for the same reason 2016 just hoping I could use up my old AE and not have to buy more BC.
    How's the result? I was thinking to get a bushwacker type of fender flare for my Ram right after I painted the bed and install this tonneau cover. I want this fender to paint match the body.

The result was the owner after hearing it all decide to buy me BC. so I am still stuck with my bright white ae. panel was fine and he was happy!