TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Husky HVLP SprayGun (H4840GHVSG) Nozzle question.

Default Husky HVLP SprayGun (H4840GHVSG) Nozzle question.

Hi all, Just purchased this gun and came with a 1.4 nozzle. I would like to know whether a smaller nozzle can be adapted to work with this gun. The 1.4 produces quite an over spray and I'm working on a trailer so any suggestions would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Estam View Post
    Hi all, Just purchased this gun and came with a 1.4 nozzle. I would like to know whether a smaller nozzle can be adapted to work with this gun. The 1.4 produces quite an over spray and I'm working on a trailer so any suggestions would be helpful.
    If you lower the inlet pressure at the gun it will decrease the amount of overspray but the finish may not be as smooth. In many cases a smaller nozzle size can increase the amount of overspray because it will tend to atomize more finely. Since we don't carry that gun I don't know what nozzles are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    If you lower the inlet pressure at the gun it will decrease the amount of overspray but the finish may not be as smooth. In many cases a smaller nozzle size can increase the amount of overspray because it will tend to atomize more finely. Since we don't carry that gun I don't know what nozzles are available.
    Thanks for your reply. I will play a little with the input pressure and see the response. I have checked on-line and I can't find any info on different nozzle sizes available, many someone else.......

Quote Originally Posted by Estam View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I will play a little with the input pressure and see the response. I have checked on-line and I can't find any info on different nozzle sizes available, many someone else.......
    I just did some research on that gun and it looks like the only nozzle size is the 1.4. A lot of guns under $100 don't have a variety of parts available. It's item #4 on this LINK