TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: applying vinyl decals to fresh paint job

Default applying vinyl decals to fresh paint job

I bought some vinyl decals that look like the original ones that Dodge put on these 2000 Dodge Ram trucks. I shot single stage urethane (Omni MTK). Its a bright white color, the vinyl is black. How long should I wait until I install the vinyl? What happens if I do it too early?

Thanks!

http://autobodystore.com/forum/attac...1&d=1496199999

Quote Originally Posted by fj5gtx View Post
    I bought some vinyl decals that look like the original ones that Dodge put on these 2000 Dodge Ram trucks. I shot single stage urethane (Omni MTK). Its a bright white color, the vinyl is black. How long should I wait until I install the vinyl? What happens if I do it too early?

Thanks!

http://autobodystore.com/forum/attac...1&d=1496199999
    If you used decent materials and you've had a few days of warm temperatures you should be ok. Applying too early can cause the decal to not bond well.

Default gave it a bit more time

This is my first time using vinyl, seemed to work well... not bad for less than $10 from eBay. The single stage Omni MTK sanded ok with the 1500 grit. Followed with compound, then glaze.... Its good enough for the work truck!

Thanks for the advice Len!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by fj5gtx View Post
    This is my first time using vinyl, seemed to work well... not bad for less than $10 from eBay. The single stage Omni MTK sanded ok with the 1500 grit. Followed with compound, then glaze.... Its good enough for the work truck!

Thanks for the advice Len!
    Looks great from here.