TheCoatingStore.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital Sagola worth the extra money & other questions

Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    I never tried sagola, i dont have base to compare to 4500, but i will let you know in comparison to tekna,s and sata rp 4000....

I still want to try that t110 devilbiss prolite air cap, i got a feeling it could be similar to that
    Baubau, ever try the 4600? Any comparison?

Yes, i bought sagola 4600 from Len in May, non digital, 1.3xl fluid, comes with dvr clearcoar cap and hvlp air cap....

I read and saw other painters reviews on this, plus Len always praised it, and despite being more xepensive to buy this for me in Canadian monies, i got it and never regret it

It is a beautiful gun physically, no plastic parts or seals , all machined, good ergonimics, it looks bulky but it is not, feels like tekna prolite to hold..

It is outstanding gun with this set up for clear coat, better atomization than tekna, produces finer finish at 2 bar full fluid out, bit you can reduce pressure to 24 psi, less overspray and still get great results, oem finish....

Very easy for novi e to learn how to spray woth this...

It is much faster gun than sagola 4400 even with 1.4 tip on it, you can spray fast/close, further away/ slower,great control, great transfer efficiency..

I dont own sata jet 5000 rp to compare it, but this gun and my iwata ls4000 supernovs lay the flattest finish with thin coats...when i want thick german finish, i use Optima Trinity.......hvlp aircap is awesome for basecoat , it saves matwrial, and colors, but needs lot of cfm and i prefer my other lvlp guns for that...

This sagola 4600 or tekna prolite are best buys , they come with 2 different aircaps, sagola atomizes better for clears, easier, Tekna has more options, cheaper parts, but it has more plastic parts to break down...

It is aan awesome gun to use and spray, if you need one, get it..

I

Yes, i bought sagola 4600 from Len in May, non digital, 1.3xl fluid, comes with dvr clearcoar cap and hvlp air cap....

I read and saw other painters reviews on this, plus Len always praised it, and despite being more xepensive to buy this for me in Canadian monies, i got it and never regret it

It is a beautiful gun physically, no plastic parts or seals , all machined, good ergonimics, it looks bulky but it is not, feels like tekna prolite to hold..

It is outstanding gun with this set up for clear coat, better atomization than tekna, produces finer finish at 2 bar full fluid out, bit you can reduce pressure to 24 psi, less overspray and still get great results, oem finish....

Very easy for novi e to learn how to spray woth this...

It is much faster gun than sagola 4400 even with 1.4 tip on it, you can spray fast/close, further away/ slower,great control, great transfer efficiency..

I dont own sata jet 5000 rp to compare it, but this gun and my iwata ls4000 supernovs lay the flattest finish with thin coats...when i want thick german finish, i use Optima Trinity.......hvlp aircap is awesome for basecoat , it saves matwrial, and colors, but needs lot of cfm and i prefer my other lvlp guns for that...

This sagola 4600 or tekna prolite are best buys , they come with 2 different aircaps, sagola atomizes better for clears, easier, Tekna has more options, cheaper parts, but it has more plastic parts to break down...

It is aan awesome gun to use and spray, if you need one, get it..

I
    I have to pay more sonce i'm in Canada as well. I was esitante because if all the talk of the 4600 being fast. Im just learning and thought it may be too fast?

What kind of CFM are you talking about for basecoats?

Thanks

No, you will be ok with this gun, if you get 1.3 fluid tip, it is good set up for novice...even 1.3 xl is good and controllable because it atomizes well, one can just reduce fluid output...

When we say fast, we mean thst gun has ability to apply clear or paint fast and steady evenly, so you can work and move faster, finish job quicker.....

If you are going to use it everyday, get 1.3 xl....

Default What is the difference in the Air Caps?

So I am a rookie that owns a 4600 that I got from Len and LOVE it compared to my Finish Line 4. It definitely makes me look better.

I have both the HVLP and Clear Coat air caps but have used the CC cap with a 1.3 tip for everything. I have even sprayed sealer out of it (which from now on I will leave up to the FL gun).

I have sprayed SS, BC and CC all with the same setup as I am still very new to this stuff and only do small items for a hobby.

What is the difference between the two air caps?

Quote Originally Posted by OldFatBald View Post
    So I am a rookie that owns a 4600 that I got from Len and LOVE it compared to my Finish Line 4. It definitely makes me look better.

I have both the HVLP and Clear Coat air caps but have used the CC cap with a 1.3 tip for everything. I have even sprayed sealer out of it (which from now on I will leave up to the FL gun).

I have sprayed SS, BC and CC all with the same setup as I am still very new to this stuff and only do small items for a hobby.

What is the difference between the two air caps?
    The HVLP air cap has a better transfer efficiency, less overspray but uses a little more CFM of air.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    The HVLP air cap has a better transfer efficiency, less overspray but uses a little more CFM of air.
    Len, as I am a rookie doing small projects, I don't really care about efficiency (always have extra), overspray (I spray in a "Pig Barn") or CFM (60 gallon 6hp 240V tank/compressor).

* Would I see or expect to see any difference in the finish using the HVLP vs. the CC cap?

That CC cap is laying down some pretty nice BC/CCs now.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFatBald View Post
    Len, as I am a rookie doing small projects, I don't really care about efficiency (always have extra), overspray (I spray in a "Pig Barn") or CFM (60 gallon 6hp 240V tank/compressor).

* Would I see or expect to see any difference in the finish using the HVLP vs. the CC cap?

That CC cap is laying down some pretty nice BC/CCs now.
    Seeing a difference can depend on the materials you're spraying but for most materials you probably won't see a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Seeing a difference can depend on the materials you're spraying but for most materials you probably won't see a difference.
    So, as I'm a novice as well should I get the CC and HVLP caps?

No, you will be ok with this gun, if you get 1.3 fluid tip, it is good set up for novice...even 1.3 xl is good and controllable because it atomizes well, one can just reduce fluid output...

When we say fast, we mean thst gun has ability to apply clear or paint fast and steady evenly, so you can work and move faster, finish job quicker.....

If you are going to use it everyday, get 1.3 xl....
    Baubau, Any particular products you prefer to use? Any Canadian suppliers that you would recommend?

I live in Ontario....KW region...so maybe different availability of products...

I dont know what you plan on painting and what your budget is...

I assume you have napa and carquest stores in your area....ask what brands they carry....also look for local autobody suppliers or go to a shop , bring them Tim Hortons cofee and they will help you...

I use ppg envirobase, debeer 900 plus watwrborne and valspar legacy solvent paint....for clear coat, i use valspar legacy ec21 , debeer 80 121 and debeer 80 404..for cheaper jobs, i use upol egc18 clear...

I really like valspar low voc solvent paint for overalls....and legacy ec21 or debeer 80 121 clear , i have been using it for last two years, great price and great quality

Quote Originally Posted by deepstuff View Post
    Baubau, Any particular products you prefer to use? Any Canadian suppliers that you would recommend?
    Deepstuff,

I don't know how the US/Canadian shipping works from "The Coatings Store" which is UrKrem (sp?) products which has links all over this site, I use their products as I am just learning and have probably sanded off more than I have kept! I did a motorcycle tank that came out really well (other than I don't like the way I laid out one of my numbers, but that is my fault and not the materials).

I also use a local automotive paint distributer for certain items, know him by first name now and am constantly asking him questions which he has about 40 years experience vs. my 8 months. I doubt my local Napa Auto Parts guy has his or Len's or others on this board's knowledge. I don't try to BS my local guy and have no problem asking questions that others may think are basic.

Good luck.