TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Aerosol paint source

Default Aerosol paint source

I'm looking for a place that can match a paint sample and put it in an aerosol rattle can. I've bought the same color from both a local source and online and not only do they not match what I need to paint but they don't even match each other. I figure if the home improvement stores can color-match house paint there has to be somewhere in the USA that can use the same method to match a sample and put the paint in an aerosol can. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGTO View Post
    I'm looking for a place that can match a paint sample and put it in an aerosol rattle can. I've bought the same color from both a local source and online and not only do they not match what I need to paint but they don't even match each other. I figure if the home improvement stores can color-match house paint there has to be somewhere in the USA that can use the same method to match a sample and put the paint in an aerosol can. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks! Mike
    Hi Mike, welcome aboard.

If you go to a "good" auto body supplier in your area they should be able to scan the color and mix a close match. You can purchase a pint of the paint then pour it into a Preval Sprayer to spray it. So break out your Yellow Pages and look up "Auto Body Supplies" and call around to see who can scan and mix your color but know that the price can vary depending on the quality of the paint you buy. Some better paint products are available in half pints.

doing touchup/ small repair work on vehicles, ive found that using both a paint code or a color match light, its not very easy to get an exact match. there can be varying reasons why,but my best solution was to learn how to blend, which from my understanding is how many of the pros do it.

what is it your painting? maybe with that info you can get some suggestions on how to tackle it.

what paint do you want in the can ? i have access to a aerosol can machine i can put in color in.

I agree with the other guys. What are you trying to paint and what color is it ? Metallic or solid color ? Clear coated or single stage. Paint the entire thing or blend into existing paint ?

Need more details to give you detailed advice.