TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: shelf life of compound

Default shelf life of compound

This seemed odd to me. I have 2 containers of compound that have been sitting for about 4 years. One of them is the purple container, Wizards I think. It seemed much more liquid than I remember. It's not all hard on the bottom of the container...just all watery. Seems like it would be the opposite. Didn't really work very good tonight. It could be just me, but I thought it was thick before.

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    This seemed odd to me. I have 2 containers of compound that have been sitting for about 4 years. One of them is the purple container, Wizards I think. It seemed much more liquid than I remember. It's not all hard on the bottom of the container...just all watery. Seems like it would be the opposite. Didn't really work very good tonight. It could be just me, but I thought it was thick before.
    I've never had polish or compound go bad as it ages but I guess it could happen especially if it can settle or dry. I'd say if it doesn't work properly trash it and get some new stuff. We love the Wizards Mystic Cut.