TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: finishline 4 or something better

Default finishline 4 or something better

Good morning. So I finally getting the paint stuff back out now that I have my garage built. I plan to only paint 3-4 cars in this year. The only gun I have is a fairly cheap one (marketed under EASTWOOD). not sure who really makes it. It worked fine for the 2 1/2 cars I painted. I plan to use that one for primer now and get a better one for base/clear and single stage. Basically anything but primer for the new one. I know this question is tough and and there are lots of opinions and preferences out there.
    Basically..is the finishline 4 good enough or barely better than what I have? I spend hours researching last night but am still in the same place today. I would be fine spending more if it's worth it. Also looked at the tekna prolite. I'm fine with the $400 range if it's worth it. The cap options had me a little confused. Here's how I plan to use it:
    2-4 cars / year
    60 ga compressor with 3/4 in line
    no waterborne paint, just BC, CC, and maybe single Stage

I have only used my generic gun and did get good results. I really have nothing to compare it but am thinking a better gun might help (less orange peal, speed, etc).
    I know there is no "right" answer to the question. Just looking for some input. Len....any of those specials coming up?
    Thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    Good morning. So I finally getting the paint stuff back out now that I have my garage built. I plan to only paint 3-4 cars in this year. The only gun I have is a fairly cheap one (marketed under EASTWOOD). not sure who really makes it. It worked fine for the 2 1/2 cars I painted. I plan to use that one for primer now and get a better one for base/clear and single stage. Basically anything but primer for the new one. I know this question is tough and and there are lots of opinions and preferences out there.
    Basically..is the finishline 4 good enough or barely better than what I have? I spend hours researching last night but am still in the same place today. I would be fine spending more if it's worth it. Also looked at the tekna prolite. I'm fine with the $400 range if it's worth it. The cap options had me a little confused. Here's how I plan to use it:
    2-4 cars / year
    60 ga compressor with 3/4 in line
    no waterborne paint, just BC, CC, and maybe single Stage

I have only used my generic gun and did get good results. I really have nothing to compare it but am thinking a better gun might help (less orange peal, speed, etc).
    I know there is no "right" answer to the question. Just looking for some input. Len....any of those specials coming up?
    Thanks
    Mike
    Right now you can get a Sagola 4500 Xtreme Digital with 1.3 or 1.4 fluid tip, HVLP and Clear Coat air caps for $469 with free shipping in the continental US. But there's only a couple left so if you want this "excellent" gun you should call 1-888-485-5008 real soon, there are only a couple left (maybe). The regular price for this gun is over $600. I've been using the non-digital for several years and found that it is my go-to gun for my better paint jobs.

The Texna guns are good performing guns, I've used just about all of them and found them to do a good job.

Thanks Len. I think I could do that. Maybe it's a nicer gun than I deserve but I think I'll call monday. Is it you I talk to? because I might have a couple quick questions.
    Also, if anyone else has input for my decision problem...please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    Thanks Len. I think I could do that. Maybe it's a nicer gun than I deserve but I think I'll call monday. Is it you I talk to? because I might have a couple quick questions.
    Also, if anyone else has input for my decision problem...please let me know
    Yes, if you call, it'll probably be me you talk to.