Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealer damaged dash

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    If the dealer damaged it then they should fix it and then some. You should be given a car to use while it's in the shop and they should fix ANYTHING wrong in the area where they caused damage.
    Of course, and if a bird feather landed on the car then he should get a whole new show winning paint job, right ?

I see where you're going with this - "Much ado about nothing" in reference to a Shakespearean tragedy/comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    Of course, and if a bird feather landed on the car then he should get a whole new show winning paint job, right ?

I see where you're going with this - "Much ado about nothing" in reference to a Shakespearean tragedy/comedy.
    Phil you're getting old and senile. The dealer damaged this man's car and they should make it right. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Phil you're getting old and senile. The dealer damaged this man's car and they should make it right. End of story.
    I agree up to a point about the dealer repairing any damage they do. Don't agree with the senility part. LOL

I guess my take on this is how much culpability do they really have and to what degree of culpability. I have seen people bring in their car for a minor fender bender and demand we replace the radio "because the radio quite in the accident" and another one was they demanded we replace the muffler on the car because it go loud right near the time of a minor front fender bender so according to them the muffler and the radio must be replaced as part of the accident.

I guess technically the dealer would have to replace the dash on that Suburu but sometimes you can be legally right and be wrong on a different level at the same time. That is why I brought up the part about new rattles and noises coming out of the dash. It can open up a whole new can of worms for the dealer AND the vehicle owner. I have seen customers in dealerships that nit pick the shit out of everything and would never be happy or even satisfied regardless of what the dealership did or didn't do. In life you have to pick your battles and you have to ask yourself "do those two little nicks in the dash really rise to the level of "picking your battle" ? If something that small sets him off - "to do battle" - then he leads a stressful life. I guess the bottom line is you have to ask yourself " is it really worth it " for those two little nicks in the dash ?

Default Just STOP!!!

I agree up to a point about the dealer repairing any damage they do. Don't agree with the senility part. LOL

I guess my take on this is how much culpability do they really have and to what degree of culpability. I have seen people bring in their car for a minor fender bender and demand we replace the radio "because the radio quite in the accident" and another one was they demanded we replace the muffler on the car because it go loud right near the time of a minor front fender bender so according to them the muffler and the radio must be replaced as part of the accident.

I guess technically the dealer would have to replace the dash on that Suburu but sometimes you can be legally right and be wrong on a different level at the same time. That is why I brought up the part about new rattles and noises coming out of the dash. It can open up a whole new can of worms for the dealer AND the vehicle owner. I have seen customers in dealerships that nit pick the shit out of everything and would never be happy or even satisfied regardless of what the dealership did or didn't do. In life you have to pick your battles and you have to ask yourself "do those two little nicks in the dash really rise to the level of "picking your battle" ? If something that small sets him off - "to do battle" - then he leads a stressful life. I guess the bottom line is you have to ask yourself " is it really worth it " for those two little nicks in the dash ?
    Boy, you're really grasping at straws now just so Phil V gets the last word in and of course, Phil is NEVER wrong. Stop making such an ass of yourself. Again, if this was one of your fleet you'd be all over the dealer like stink on shit. PHIL, it AIN'T your car. Leave the guy ALONE and leave the thread where it's at. Can you do that?

Henry

Jeremy, carry on as you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Boy, you're really grasping at straws now just so Phil V gets the last word in and of course, Phil is NEVER wrong. Stop making such an ass of yourself. Again, if this was one of your fleet you'd be all over the dealer like stink on shit. PHIL, it AIN'T your car. Leave the guy ALONE and leave the thread where it's at. Can you do that?

Henry

Jeremy, carry on as you see fit.
    Like I said, Henry. Go play, the adults are talking now.

Default Well then...

Like I said, Henry. Go play, the adults are talking now.
    In that case, you should excuse yourself since you're obviously NOT part of that circle.

Was thinking, best thing for you to do is ride around the school lot in your different color truck and see if that 'guy' spots you that was chasing you last year. Matter of time before he gets you.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    In that case, you should excuse yourself since you're obviously NOT part of that circle.

Was thinking, best thing for you to do is ride around the school lot in your different color truck and see if that 'guy' spots you that was chasing you last year. Matter of time before he gets you.

Henry
    Get some professional psychiatric help, Henry.

I'd like to promote this thread as an example of long term exposure to paint chemicals. I can't help but think if Phil had stopped talking when he said 'Enough said', Henry would have nothing to reply to.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I'd like to promote this thread as an example of long term exposure to paint chemicals. I can't help but think if Phil had stopped talking when he said 'Enough said', Henry would have nothing to reply to.
    CraigS, I'm sorry to hear you have experienced long term exposure to paint chemicals. That could never be good since it affects how you think. We're pulling for you though. I always wore a good paint mask so no long term exposure problems here.

Dealer replaced the dash. There ended up being a warranty extension on the dash panel because of the airbag recall. Basically the dashs are easily damaged when performing the airbag recall.

Got the car back with a broken a/c dash vent. Visually broken on the face of the vent. And the center vents are not installed correctly. It pushes air out the cracks of the dash vs the vent. They don't have the tube mated inside the dash.

They're sending me a replacement for the broken vent and I'll fix the the other vent.
    Avid collector of rust!

Default Good...

Quote Originally Posted by junk View Post
    Dealer replaced the dash. There ended up being a warranty extension on the dash panel because of the airbag recall. Basically the dashs are easily damaged when performing the airbag recall.

Got the car back with a broken a/c dash vent. Visually broken on the face of the vent. And the center vents are not installed correctly. It pushes air out the cracks of the dash vs the vent. They don't have the tube mated inside the dash.

They're sending me a replacement for the broken vent and I'll fix the the other vent.
    Persevere and good things happen. Glad you got that done.

I liked the looks of the older Subaru Outback wagon. They sit a little higher. I told LS6 to buy one of those for winter instead of using one of his vettes as a daily driver. I'd like to find an older one myself for the hell of it for winter. Just don't know anything about them. Have you changed timing belts? I like that everything they have is either all wheel or four wheel drive. What's your experience with drive trains?

Henry

Henry - We've had excellent luck with them. The two achilles heals are rust and head gaskets. My wifes 2004 has 230K on it. Original auto transmission works fine. It has had head gaskets every 100K miles though. It takes me 3hrs to pull the engine and have the heads off. Then another 10hrs to put it all back together. Thats with all new timing kit, front rear seals, oil pan reseal, oil pump reseal, etc.

Timing belt is a 2-3hr job. Super easy in my book. The engine is mounted like a rear wheel vehicle. Not transverse like all the fwd stuff. They remind me of working on old 350 chevys.

They're AWD system works great. We can't give it up. They're really sure footed.

Jeremy
    Avid collector of rust!