TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: DuraBlock Question

Default DuraBlock Question

Love my Durablocks. They make it easy for a newbie. Question is I am working the quarter panels on a 55 Chevy (Fairly long) Should I spring for the longest Durablock I can get or just use the 20" I have ?

Quote Originally Posted by dcs13 View Post
    Love my Durablocks. They make it easy for a newbie. Question is I am working the quarter panels on a 55 Chevy (Fairly long) Should I spring for the longest Durablock I can get or just use the 20" I have ?
    I have all the Dura-Blocks and the ones I choose to do each job depends on a number of factors. Not only is the shape of the panel an important factor but also the color that the panel will be painted. If I want it perfect and the body work is over a large area plus the panel will be painted a dark color then the 30" block is usually my choice to finish the leveling. But for most repairs I go with a the smaller blocks.

Thanks. Did some shopping and found one for $28 so I ordered it. I was pleased with my first working of the panel. I welded in the patch, epoxied, then added some filler, then another round of epoxy. I think I can get the rest with the long board and some 2k.quarter.jpg

WOW. Got the 30 inch block and used it a bit tonight. Like sanding with a 2x4 stud. Its huge. I really like it though. I think it will really make the big panels much straighter. Thanks for the tips.