TheCoatingStore.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 1971 Firebird

Still have some alignment to do but getting it ready for paint. Hopefully I can go Sunday and get it done. I will spend the rest of the day getting everything else ready.

Hood and bumper after final sanding

Wet sanding. Panels are looking really good

On another note for Len. Is there a reason why you have a post limited to 4 images?

Quote Originally Posted by xtremekustomz View Post
    On another note for Len. Is there a reason why you have a post limited to 4 images?
    It just stops somebody from streaming 100 images on one post. If you have more images that you want to post just put them on the next post and if it's more than 8 just put them on the next post.... etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    It just stops somebody from streaming 100 images on one post. If you have more images that you want to post just put them on the next post and if it's more than 8 just put them on the next post.... etc. etc.
    I know most other forums you can post as many as you want on a post. I can understand what you are saying but what is the difference if they are posted in one post or split up in multiples?

Finally got around to spraying the car. It isn`t the best job I`ve done by far but wet sanding and buffing will take care of the issues. I used a clear that I have never used before so there was a little bit of a learning curve so it has some orange peel in places. I laid down 4 coats of clear. If you notice in some of the pictures there aren`t any lights any lower than around 5` which causes a problem seeing what is going on with the lower parts of the doors/fenders/quarters. Between no light, having a full face mask on and the fog from the clear overspray I may as well have been spraying in the dark. I need to plan on a light source on the next job I do there. I'm a little disappointed with the spraying job but the final product will look good. I started off spraying with the sagola 4500x and it just couldn't shoot the southern polyurethanes universal clear. I had to swith to my rp.

I know most other forums you can post as many as you want on a post. I can understand what you are saying but what is the difference if they are posted in one post or split up in multiples?
    There are people that would load up our servers with endless images if all they had to do was hit the upload button once. So the creators of this program made it so each post had to have a certain number of words and a restricted number of pictures. You can still get your point across you just need to do it within the rules.

Good pictures by the way. Are they taken with a camera or a phone?

What tip size do you have in your Sagola? 1.3, 1.3xl, 1.4? Just curious...I got some universal I was going to try.

Quote Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
    What tip size do you have in your Sagola? 1.3, 1.3xl, 1.4? Just curious...I got some universal I was going to try.
    I was using the 1.3 on my 4500 but now I'm using the 1.3xl on my 4600, both with the clear coat air cap. The xl is a little faster but still atomizes well.

Quote Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
    I have the 1.3 on the 4500x. I've heard the 4600 sprays more like an rp. The 4500 is slow to me which is useful in some places but it just couldn't put the material out and look good. It didn't for me anyway.

1200 on stir stick, 1500, 2000 and 3000 on da. Buffed with wool pad and Meguiars M101 followed by foam pad and the same compound. Final polish will be before I deliver but honestly after looking at this thing in the sun it really doesn't need a polish.

Default Nice!

1200 on stir stick, 1500, 2000 and 3000 on da. Buffed with wool pad and Meguiars M101 followed by foam pad and the same compound. Final polish will be before I deliver but honestly after looking at this thing in the sun it really doesn't need a polish.

Another nice one for sure. You really put lots of work in your projects and it shows AND your photos make them show much better. Thanks for sharing the pics. Good job.

Henry