TheCoatingStore.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: High flow couplers

Baubau good to hear your guns feel better. Happy painting brother. We always available if you anything.

Senior Len, yes, it is showing the same pressure but it is how that pressure is created.....that is my point here..
    i can create 2 bar pressure with high air speed, less molecules, high air hose pressure, air gun regulator open only 1/4, 1/3 of the way or i can get to that operating pressure with air regulator wide open, less air hose pressure, more air molecules, more volume, less turbulence..

i know what you mean, Len....it is sort of counter intuitive, pressure and volume are inversely related by law in a closed container, but you can also take into account that speed will add to air cap pressure and good atomization, but at the same time, that air will go trough orifices faster ..... or if you have more volume, more molecules , more air to more atomize fluid....

i can get good results painting either way, this Optima works from 14 psi to 35 psi, really versatile and any other gun i like to paint with as little pressure needed to create optimum atomization...

Default Sata video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDuuJvyiZiI

The link above is to a video done by someone from Sata talking about this subject---

Quote Originally Posted by smisco View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDuuJvyiZiI

The link above is to a video done by someone from Sata talking about this subject---
    I understand their reasoning but what I can't determine is the difference. I sprayed a single stage today using 130+- PSI from the wall and restricting it down to 30 PSI at the gun for my first pass. I unplugged the hose and plugged it into the regulated wall regulator, opened the gun's regulator and sprayed my second coat with about 50 PSI at the wall which gave me 30 PSI inlet pressure at the gun with the inlet regulator wide open. With this single stage solid color there was no difference in the spraying or the outcome using these variables. I'll also try this again next week when I spray a metallic color base/clear job but so far I haven't been able to produce any ill effects from restricting the air at the inlet regulator.

It's too bad that the video didn't show comparative results.

i didnt watch the whole video but what i saw was that they're talking about restricting the air at the micrometer. there's a bit of a difference between that vs regulating at the gun inlet. its common practice to run the micrometer as fully open as possible. different argument i think.
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    i didnt watch the whole video but what i saw was that they're talking about restricting the air at the micrometer. there's a bit of a difference between that vs regulating at the gun inlet. its common practice to run the micrometer as fully open as possible. different argument i think.
    I just re-watched the video and pretty early on he says the same condition is true for the in gun micrometer or a regulator at the gun inlet.---

The micrometer is the same thing as a cheater valve whether its in the gun handle or on the end of the gun.

i don't use a needle valve at the gun inlet, i use an actual regulator. needle valves don't hold true pressure if the incoming line fluctuates.
    b marler