TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Car Collection @ No Reserve...WOW

Default Car Collection @ No Reserve...WOW

Good stuff Henry ... Which ones are your favorites?

That Blue 68 Chevelle, lot L64, caught my eye right away. Even though the exhaust looks sloppy, I like that car a lot. With the 4 speed and a 396, that thing must be a blast to drive!

But I think I might like the Green 68 Charger even better (Lot L93)... Except for that stupid "pistol grip" shifter, and those rims, that's a really cool car. I always liked the hidden headlights on those old Chargers. It's just a cool looking car.

The Green 70 GTX, Lot L97, is really cool too, but it doesn't have the hidden headlights... I always liked those old GTXs though.

And that Red 64 Rivi, Lot L98.1... WTF???? Somebody frikkin ruined that car! It's fitting that it doesn't look like it got used much. Maybe a pimp will buy it...

Default Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    Good stuff Henry ... Which ones are your favorites?

That Blue 68 Chevelle, lot L64, caught my eye right away. Even though the exhaust looks sloppy, I like that car a lot. With the 4 speed and a 396, that thing must be a blast to drive!

But I think I might like the Green 68 Charger even better (Lot L93)... Except for that stupid "pistol grip" shifter, and those rims, that's a really cool car. I always liked the hidden headlights on those old Chargers. It's just a cool looking car.

The Green 70 GTX, Lot L97, is really cool too, but it doesn't have the hidden headlights... I always liked those old GTXs though.

And that Red 64 Rivi, Lot L98.1... WTF???? Somebody frikkin ruined that car! It's fitting that it doesn't look like it got used much. Maybe a pimp will buy it...
    First of all, I thought of you immediately when I saw that 64 Riv. WTF, he painted the bumpers red also. I have a lot of pics of my 63, the first year that I will have to scan and post for you. Black on black (of course). That one even had door handles at the back of the arm rest. Came in handy when the 'back seat' was 'busy'.

That 68 blue Chevelle is the same as the first one I ever saw in person as I was in the Army for a couple new car introduction years out of the country so never got to see them when they came out. I don't like the body style of the 68 & 69.

The collection was fun to look at and as a kid I can remember when Ford did that yellow / black as on the 55 shown.

I have one favorite and that is:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-27...e-convertible/

Just love the '63 thru 67 models.

Henry

Oh, and by the way, the tops of the front fenders on the vette were the SAME as on the Riviera since it was the same designer. Nice touch.