TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Footwear for painters

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen111 View Post
    The tactical boot is a special category of boot that is designed from the ground up to provide a high level of performance and protection for your feet in challenging environments and tough conditions. These combat boots needed to be durable enough to stand up to the intense wear and tear of active duty, while at the same time giving the wearer’s feet and ankles enough flexibility.
    I would never wear combat boots in the shop. They offer almost no protection from the concrete, and the ankle support kills your movement, they are hot and expensive. If you are welding you can be guaranteed a hot bit of slag will melt its way through the tongue and you will never get the boot off before that slag is burned its way half way into your foot. Wrong tool for the job. Get something with good support and some actual comfort built in. Combat boots are good at holding up in difficult environments... that is pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Wow Ron, that's exactly what I use Sketchers water proof boots. I started wearing them a couple years ago and now I'm on my third pair.
    where do you guys get those boots? i wear sketchers shoes as they're the only ones that i can comfortably walk around in. i have arthritis and by the end of the day my feet are toast. boots would be a better choice for me, but i haven't been able to get something i can wear all day long. they discontinued the red wings i was using and the new ones aren't as good.
    b marler