TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sagola 4600 Xtreme

Once again being fast or slow is all personal preference and does not dictate the quality of a job.If having " more control being slow" was true there would be no professional motorsports.This is all a personal opinion and nothing more,you can have 10 different equally skilled painters and they all spray differently with the same end result.There was an article written many years ago that statistically proved the more time you spend on the highway the more dangerous it is.This was done when the whole drive 55 on the interstates was brought out.

Quote Originally Posted by 68ragtop View Post
    In the Gunman video, its almost uncomfortable watching how fast he sprays with the 4600
    No way you would want to go that fast with high solids! Hit the same spot twice & the risk of a hanger or run goes way up! I have never moved my gun that fast.......
    It's just like anything else the more you do something the better you get at it.When you are proficient at something muscle memory takes over and it is all second nature.I know many refinishers who spray HS clears everyday at this kind of speed with no issues.

We just received word from the Sagola importer that the 4600 Xtreme will become available in the USA sometime in March or April.

i will definitely want to try that new Sagola...

@typicalcarguy, i came across this painters youtube video channel....it just shows different style and people can see that it doesn't matter how someone sprays, like you said, it is the end result..

https://www.youtube.com/user/bereal2012

i really enjoy watching this guy do his spraying, he does not waste any motions, he has his "groove", he is neither slow or fast, he has his way of doing his business, he is very efficient and clean......he knows his guns and his products ...he has very nice technique, it almost seems effortless, but it sure lays clear down nice and smooth...

It's almost May...any word?

Quote Originally Posted by xtremekustomz View Post
    It's almost May...any word?
    Ok, this is the deal.... I got word a couple days ago that we can ship some Sagola 4600 guns but the supply is limited. I contacted a couple of people that had previously requested these guns but there are still a few available.

Here is the list of guns and the prices for them at this time. If you are interested you should call our office at 609-859-3670 during business hours (9am to 6pm Eastern Monday thru Saturday) to place an order.

#90147 - 4600 with 1.3 fluid tip and HVLP and Clear Coat air caps..............$424.50
    #90150 - 4600 with 1.3XL fluid tip and HVLP and Clear Coat air caps..........$424.50
    #90153 - 4600 with 1.4 fluid tip and HVLP and Clear Coat air caps............. $424.50
    #90158 - 4600 Digital with 1.3XL fluid tip and HVLP and Clear Coat air caps..$595.00
    Last edited by Len; 04-22-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Shipped or plus shipping? If shipping is added about how much? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
    Shipped or plus shipping? If shipping is added about how much? Thanks.
    The amount of shipping will depend on where they get shipped to. In most cases the shipping is about $15

Len...have you had a chance to try out and spray with new Sagola 4600 extreme?....any opinions if you have?

Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    Len...have you had a chance to try out and spray with new Sagola 4600 extreme?....any opinions if you have?
    Not yet but I hear a demo is coming so I'll post something when I get it.

We finally got the Sagola 4600 in the online store.

Ironically we got a call yesterday from a 20 year production painter that purchased two 4600 guns a few weeks ago and told us that the 4600 has made him a much better painter and he's now purchasing his third 4600 and selling most of his other guns because none compare to this one.

He'd be better off buying the run-ola primer gun, and the peel-ola base coat gun rather than 3 sag-olas.

Sorry, couldn't help myself....

OK, I used my new Sagola 4600 for the first time today. I had to spray the top of a Mitsubishi 3000 GT which was a good test. I sprayed PPG2042 and found that the gun was faster then the 4500 I've been spraying with. I didn't think it could match my 4500 but it fooled me because it was faster and better. I'm posting a couple of pictures to show the result.

I couldn't be happier with this gun's performance, literally NO orange peel. . I'll probably be spraying the rest of the car within the next week or two and I'll post some pictures when I do.
    Last edited by Len; 05-23-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Len, what fluid set up and what air cap did you use?...i am interested in how 1.3 and 13 xl work or what is the difference between them?..

Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    Len, what fluid set up and what air cap did you use?...i am interested in how 1.3 and 13 xl work or what is the difference between them?..
    I'm using the 1.3xl on the 4600 with the clear coat air cap. The 1.3xl puts out more material than the 1.3 and it still atomizes great. If you're in a production shop then the xl is the way to go but if you want a slightly slower gun or you're spraying thinner materials then you may want to consider the 1.3.