TheCoatingStore.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sagola 4600 Xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    I'm using the 1.3xl on the 4600 with the clear coat air cap. The 1.3xl puts out more material than the 1.3 and it still atomizes great. If you're in a production shop then the xl is the way to go but if you want a slightly slower gun or you're spraying thinner materials then you may want to consider the 1.3.
    I can't spray clear coat worth a crap. The best I can do is factory peel. I used a Iwata lph400, devilbiss Tekna copper, and tonight I used my rebuilt Binks 62 for grins. Peel isn't bad, but not even close to flat as Len's. With the 62 tonight I tried 50 psi and then 30 PSI at the gun. It looks good, just not nearly as flat as Len's. I even have 2 sags to prove I laid it a little wet. It was about 80 degrees in my garage. I layed 3 coats, ( I got a bug, and a dry spot) I used Tamco HC-4100 glamour clear reduced about 5%. I'm NOT a painter/auto body expert, I'm just a hobbyist that is trying to learn. I've painted about a dozen cars/trucks. I think I will save up for this 4600 gun. I'm trying for near hot rod smooth without the color sanding! LOL My hat is off to you Len. Awesome job. Any of you out there that can lay clear flat, You tha man!

Quote Originally Posted by riderman View Post
    I can't spray clear coat worth a crap. The best I can do is factory peel. I used a Iwata lph400, devilbiss Tekna copper, and tonight I used my rebuilt Binks 62 for grins. Peel isn't bad, but not even close to flat as Len's. With the 62 tonight I tried 50 psi and then 30 PSI at the gun. It looks good, just not nearly as flat as Len's. I even have 2 sags to prove I laid it a little wet. It was about 80 degrees in my garage. I layed 3 coats, ( I got a bug, and a dry spot) I used Tamco HC-4100 glamour clear reduced about 5%. I'm NOT a painter/auto body expert, I'm just a hobbyist that is trying to learn. I've painted about a dozen cars/trucks. I think I will save up for this 4600 gun. I'm trying for near hot rod smooth without the color sanding! LOL My hat is off to you Len. Awesome job. Any of you out there that can lay clear flat, You tha man!
    I just used my Hutchins wet sander model 7044 and finished with my Hutchins 4500 with 3000 grit sandpaper film. I started wet sanding with 320 on the sag's and finished with 3000 and a interface pad. It's the typical messy wet sanding process, but my CC is hot rod smooth on the door and fender I just painted last night! I guess if you are a hobbyist like me, just figure on color sanding. Dirt and bug's are going to happen. No paint booth here. I sanded the two sag's out using the polyester putty technique, it works awesome!!! The problem is, if you color sand "hot Rod" smooth on a panel, your work will not match the factory peel of the other panels. That is not a problem for this car, I color sanded the whole car. I'll polish it out tomorrow. You guy's that do everything by hand, without air tool's My hat is off to you!

This Hutchins 7044 is an awesome wet sander! I'm not a body man, and that tool saved my arms from wet sanding a car with 3 different grades of sand paper. Yes, there are body lines, etc, that still need attention by hand sanding. The next Item I'd recommend is their model 800/3800 "orbital Air file." This works awesome for block sanding your work! Use it for the first or second time after applying 2k or polyester sandable primer for leveling over your bodywork. For your final coat of primer with guide coat, blocking by hand with will be a breeze!.
    Last edited by riderman; 05-29-2017 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riderman View Post
    I just used my Hutchins wet sander model 7044 and finished with my Hutchins 4500 with 3000 grit sandpaper film. I started wet sanding with 320 on the sag's and finished with 3000 and a interface pad. It's the typical messy wet sanding process, but my CC is hot rod smooth on the door and fender I just painted last night! I guess if you are a hobbyist like me, just figure on color sanding. Dirt and bug's are going to happen. No paint booth here. I sanded the two sag's out using the polyester putty technique, it works awesome!!! The problem is, if you color sand "hot Rod" smooth on a panel, your work will not match the factory peel of the other panels. That is not a problem for this car, I color sanded the whole car. I'll polish it out tomorrow. You guy's that do everything by hand, without air tool's My hat is off to you!

This Hutchins 7044 is an awesome wet sander! I'm not a body man, and that tool saved my arms from wet sanding a car with 3 different grades of sand paper. Yes, there are body lines, etc, that still need attention by hand sanding. The next Item I'd recommend is their model 800/3800 "orbital Air file." This works awesome for block sanding your work! Use it for the first or second time after applying 2k or polyester sandable primer for leveling over your bodywork. For your final coat of primer with guide coat, blocking by hand with will be a breeze!.
    Hutchins make good sanders but you can save yourself money and get much better handling using an AirVantage random orbital sander. The low profile makes it much easier to use and it does a great job for both prep work and for finish sanding.

Default The Gunman and the 4600