TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: The Future of Cars

Default The Future of Cars

I found this to be exciting, I hope I live long enough to see it. LINK

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Cool article Len! I hope it happens sooner than later too.

This line here was particularly interesting;

With today’s technology, solar panels covering just 0.6 percent of U.S. land mass could supply all the electricity needed for the entire country.
    I looked it up, and 0.6% is about the size of West Virginia. But I don't know how many square miles of rooftops we have in this country... not to mention unused space in the deserts..

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    Cool article Len! I hope it happens sooner than later too.

This line here was particularly interesting;

I looked it up, and 0.6% is about the size of West Virginia. But I don't know how many square miles of rooftops we have in this country... not to mention unused space in the deserts..
    A large portion of the solar here in NJ is in fields where a business or town can have a lot of acreage covered with solar panels. We also have thousands of telephone poles with solar panels attached as well as buildings and houses.

Technology is crazy years ago they had TV shows that had futuristic houses today I have a travel trailer that's a fifth wheel with the Amazon Echo WeMo lightify anymote and Honeywell systems installed on it to where everything on it is voice-controlled and I can control it from anywhere in the world via Wi-Fi I control my air conditioner's my TV my stereo my lights everything not to mention the info it gives I can order a pizza by voice a taxi anything,lol

The future is already here,
    That's right I forgot to send you those pics of it..

Attachment 18999

Screenshot_20160918-165114.jpg

Screenshot_20160918-165043.jpg

Screenshot_20160918-165049.jpg

IMG-20160911-WA0000.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

yeah Style, it's amazing what you can do with a phone these days!

That's a nice rig, but what if you get hacked?

A large portion of the solar here in NJ is in fields where a business or town can have a lot of acreage covered with solar panels. We also have thousands of telephone poles with solar panels attached as well as buildings and houses.
    Here in Hawaii, there was a tax incentive that made it "silly not to" put solar on your roof... That is, as long as you can afford the initial payment..

That tax break is about to end, but there's already a LOT of solar panels on the rooves out here. That's why I wonder how many square miles of rooftop there is in this country.

... and I wonder how that guy is doing, with the invention for paving roads with solar panels?

yeah Style, it's amazing what you can do with a phone these days!

That's a nice rig, but what if you get hacked?
    What's the point in hacking a lightbulb,lol..

, although I might want to do it and turn off phills lights or better yet turn them on in the middle of the night and blast his radio..

Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    What's the point in hacking a lightbulb,lol..

, although I might want to do it and turn off phills lights or better yet turn them on in the middle of the night and blast his radio..
    heheheheh, I was more thinking about someone unlocking the doors via remote control.

But locks only keep honest people out anyway..

... locks only keep honest people out anyway..
    Kinda like bugs... You can't stop bugs, you can only hope to slow them down.

Default Solar

This november, Florida has on the ballot a solar related bill. Sounds good except Governor Scot is in bed with the electric utility companies and they are the ones that have financed the adds and
    if passed will give the utility companies all the power concerning who produces and sells the power made.
    http://www.flsolarchoice.org/
    HTML Code:
    Backed by Florida’s monopoly utilities, Amendment 1 is promoted by a group calling itself Consumers for Smart Solar. Amendment 1 is an effort by big monopoly utilities to choke-off rooftop solar and keep a stranglehold on customers by preventing them from generating their own power. I

Quote Originally Posted by studebaker View Post
    This november, Florida has on the ballot a solar related bill. Sounds good except Governor Scot is in bed with the electric utility companies and they are the ones that have financed the adds and
    if passed will give the utility companies all the power concerning who produces and sells the power made.
    http://www.flsolarchoice.org/
    HTML Code:
    Backed by Florida’s monopoly utilities, Amendment 1 is promoted by a group calling itself Consumers for Smart Solar. Amendment 1 is an effort by big monopoly utilities to choke-off rooftop solar and keep a stranglehold on customers by preventing them from generating their own power. I
    Until we can get money out of politics you're going to have campaign donations and lobbyists ruling the country.

I am sure I have told you that the Tesla factory is about two miles at most from where I work every day. Three employees left to go there, as well as co-worker spouses and the boss' son in law. I see those cars every single day. It IS very cool to see them being successful as they are.

Brian
    Touched by an Angel.