TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: What would the cost of having a hood painted?

Default What would the cost of having a hood painted?

It's for a 2008 Honda Accord, just painted, outside, and the inside, color is a silver metallic. And does the inside of the hood get clear coated?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SStampede View Post
    It's for a 2008 Honda Accord, just painted, outside, and the inside, color is a silver metallic. And does the inside of the hood get clear coated?

Thanks.
    On a 2008 I'd probably skip clearing the inside. With no damage we would probably charge around $500.

I'm sorry, I should of put, painting an Aftermarket Hood. So, my question is, do you clear the under the hood, or just paint it? Now if you don't clear it, will there be an issues down the road?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SStampede View Post
    I'm sorry, I should of put, painting an Aftermarket Hood. So, my question is, do you clear the under the hood, or just paint it? Now if you don't clear it, will there be an issues down the road?

Thanks.
    Not clearing the underside can cause a problem down the road depending on the type of paint being used. If you're worried about having it hold up you should clear it.

I just painted a 2014 mustang think the code was ru 3stage red also painted fenders from bodyline up and bumper around grill from bottom edge of headlights up charged 180bucks..