TheCoatingStore.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warwick 904he or other?

I bought mine in 2014. I bought them because of the reviews I had read on them I had a couple higher end guns and was hoping I could find something cheaper that sprayed well. Im going based on my own experience on them. I would love to find several guns that spray very well and last a long time at a discounted price. Seems to be a hard thing to do. My opinion is not because I believe sata or iwata are the greatest on the planet either.

Phil does your gun have a plastic seal in the aircap or a rubber one?

Quote Originally Posted by hanly2 View Post
    Phil does your gun have a plastic seal in the aircap or a rubber one?
    Nylon seal in the aircap.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    Nylon seal in the aircap.
    I know this is an old thread but Phil V can you tell me does your warwick 904 have the blue around the air cap ? There is like two setups for that gun hvlp which is blue ring around cap and lvlp setup which I think is silver

Quote Originally Posted by xchaser View Post
    I know this is an old thread but Phil V can you tell me does your warwick 904 have the blue around the air cap ? There is like two setups for that gun hvlp which is blue ring around cap and lvlp setup which I think is silver

Mine is LVLP. I still use it often with no problems. If something happened to mine I would not hesitate to buy another one.

Spray guns are tools like any other tool. Some tools are a perfect match for some people and once in a while you will find that that tool just doesn't fit another person. Not everyone is going to be happy 100% of the time. I'm not impressed with HVLP guns in general, up to and including Sata spray guns. My experience is compliant guns work much better for production painting and the LVLP guns are a little slower but have more control and better finesse, not as fast as compliant guns. Like I said, not impressed with HVLP in general, regardless of who makes the gun.

A good HVLP gun is ok with base but we don't use it for clear or single stage coatings because they don't lay the top coats on as smoothly. One of the benefits of the Sagola 4600 is that it comes with both HVLP and clear air caps.