TheCoatingStore.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warwick 904he or other?

Default Warwick 904he or other?

Are warwick guns still considered to be good budget guns? I think the design is a few years old now and just wanted to make sure. I am thinking of buying a 904he kit with 1.3 and 1.8 tips, but I also cannot decide on hvlp vs lvlp. I have a FLG4 now with 1.8 and 2.2 tips and I do not like it, I feel like the fan is too small and it doesnt apply enough product fast enough for me, I like to move fast along the car, but I dont want a ton of overspray either, I do not have a paint booth set up, just a clean tarped off area. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hanly2 View Post
    Are warwick guns still considered to be good budget guns? I think the design is a few years old now and just wanted to make sure. I am thinking of buying a 904he kit with 1.3 and 1.8 tips, but I also cannot decide on hvlp vs lvlp. I have a FLG4 now with 1.8 and 2.2 tips and I do not like it, I feel like the fan is too small and it doesnt apply enough product fast enough for me, I like to move fast along the car, but I dont want a ton of overspray either, I do not have a paint booth set up, just a clean tarped off area. Thanks
    I've heard that the 904H was a decent gun but I haven't gotten any feedback on the HE. I know you can find them from anywhere from $125 to $225. My guess is that it's a decent gun for the price but it's not going to perform like a professional gun like the Tekna, Sagola 4500, or Sata models however it does cost a lot less.

Len its so hard to decide, a lot of the guns are similar, I now just read that the Astro evo guns use the same tips as the 904 and the iwata. Now I dont know what to do. I would like a 1.8 and a 1.3 or 1.4 for clears.

Len its so hard to decide, a lot of the guns are similar, I now just read that the Astro evo guns use the same tips as the 904 and the iwata. Now I dont know what to do. I would like a 1.8 and a 1.3 or 1.4 for clears.
    I have been using a 904H for several years and it's honestly the best gun I have ever used. (and yes I have owned some expensive spray guns). Certain guns fit certain people and the 904H does everything I need out of a gun and it does it well. And just to clarify, mine is an LVLP.

The only reason I can think of anyone wanting a 1.8 tip of for thick fill primer and if you plan on using the 1.3/1.4 for spraying clear coat and base coat then I strongly advise you to using a different gun for primer. Any cheap spray gun makes a good primer gun and you don't want chunks of primer coming out of the gun while shooting base coat or clear coat. Never use a topcoat gun as a primer gun. (that's years of experience talking).

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    I have been using a 904H for several years and it's honestly the best gun I have ever used. (and yes I have owned some expensive spray guns). Certain guns fit certain people and the 904H does everything I need out of a gun and it does it well. And just to clarify, mine is an LVLP.

The only reason I can think of anyone wanting a 1.8 tip of for thick fill primer and if you plan on using the 1.3/1.4 for spraying clear coat and base coat then I strongly advise you to using a different gun for primer. Any cheap spray gun makes a good primer gun and you don't want chunks of primer coming out of the gun while shooting base coat or clear coat. Never use a topcoat gun as a primer gun. (that's years of experience talking).
    Phil, do you still have the old one you purchased or have you bought a newer model, I read that they changed manufacturers and the quality went down

Phil, do you still have the old one you purchased or have you bought a newer model, I read that they changed manufacturers and the quality went down
    Mine is definitely an older model. I can check with the paint store that sells these guns and ask them if the company changed manufacturers with a lessening in quality.

That would be great, thanks.

I bought both of those guns 2 years ago and hated them. One went in the trash and the other was sold. In my opinion it feels very cheaply made in your hands and there are alot of better guns out there for less money

Quote Originally Posted by 86camaroman View Post
    I bought both of those guns 2 years ago and hated them. One went in the trash and the other was sold. In my opinion it feels very cheaply made in your hands and there are alot of better guns out there for less money
    Thanks, So what are the better guns for less money?

Quote Originally Posted by 86camaroman View Post
    I find that very surprising. I have been spraying paint professionally for 45 years (all but the last 5 years full time). And the gun I bought (Warwick 904H) IS the best gun I have ever used. It is well built with obvious quality materials since I have been using it regularly for the last 7 or 8 years. The only thing I have replaced are 2 gaskets. I just sprayed with it a couple weeks ago and it worked great. A buddy of mine is also a very experienced painter and he really likes spraying with my Warwick 904H. I have owned and sprayed with a LOT of spray guns, some expensive some not. I bought a Devilbiss Tekna and didn't care for it. I've sprayed with most of the top rated spray guns including Sata and was not real impressed with them.

Better guns for less money ? (Camaroman). Please share with us what they would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    I find that very surprising. I have been spraying paint professionally for 45 years (all but the last 5 years full time). And the gun I bought (Warwick 904H) IS the best gun I have ever used. It is well built with obvious quality materials since I have been using it regularly for the last 7 or 8 years. The only thing I have replaced are 2 gaskets. I just sprayed with it a couple weeks ago and it worked great. A buddy of mine is also a very experienced painter and he really likes spraying with my Warwick 904H. I have owned and sprayed with a LOT of spray guns, some expensive some not. I bought a Devilbiss Tekna and didn't care for it. I've sprayed with most of the top rated spray guns including Sata and was not real impressed with them.

Better guns for less money ? (Camaroman). Please share with us what they would be.
    The lack of performance by the Warwicks with Camaroman may reinforce the statement that the more recent Warwicks aren't as good as the older ones.

The place I bought mine from had a black friday deal where you could get them cheaper then normal. When mine arrived after pulling them out of the box I was honestly dissappointed. I felt like it was made with similar material as a harbor freight style gun. These are my personal opinions. The one gun the spray pattern was never right you also had to turn the air cap slightly crooked to get it to spray a straight up and down fan. If not it would be spray it angled. I bought a sagola on here a lower end one at one point that I thought was a pretty good gun especially compared to those. I have a tekna also and a sagola 4500 extreme along with an iwata supernova. Going from one of those to the warkwick was highly noticeable for me

I'm going to the paint store in the morning to pick up some epoxy primer for my gator frame I'm painting. I will ask the head guy at the paint store (who I have known for the last 25 years) if he has any Warwicks in stock and has he had any negative feedback from customers in the last couple years. The quality of my gun is excellent, like I said I've been suing my on a regular basis for the last 7 or 8 years with no problems. The head guy at the paint like I said is a long time friend of mine and he will tell me the truth about the newer Warwicks. I will post what I find out at the paint store tomorrow.

Right after I bought mine I was so dissappointed I ended up buying a air gunza it lasted a pretty good while fan was slightly off on it but it seemed pretty well made especially compared to the warwicks I had

I talked to the manager at the paint store (a long time friend of mine) and he told me about 4 years ago they did have a gun of bad Warwick guns, customers returned the bad ones and received new guns that they were happy with. He said other than that he has not received any negative feedback on the Warwick guns from customers in the last 10 years. I asked him specifically if the newer Warwicks have the same high quality that the older Warwicks have and he said the new ones are made with same high quality as the old ones. I also googled Warwick spray gun customer reviews and they pretty much all rated the guns very high. The only ones bad mouthing the guns were people who never sprayed paint with one, gun snobs who think nothing short of an $800 Sata is any good. (which is pure bullshit on their part).

Camaroman, it's possible you bought a couple that were part of that bad batch from 4 years ago.