TheCoatingStore.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Looking for a good Cordless Impact Gun.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    269

    Default Looking for a good Cordless Impact Gun.

    Any suggestions? Price is some what of any issue.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    37,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SStampede View Post
    Any suggestions? Price is some what of any issue.

    Thanks.
    What size drive do you want? 1/2" 3/8"? And they come in different voltages. They also come in kits with extra batteries, charger and case or some come with only the tool. An 8V, 3/8" drive tool only starts at around $60 while a 1/2" with an extra battery, charger and case can be over $400. Most kits run about $200 to $300. The 18V, 1/2" ACD Kit would cost you $265.
    Last edited by Len; 02-27-2018 at 04:50 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6

    Default

    The best cordless impact I use is a bosh 18 V which uses lithium ion batteries. The only thing negative I can say about it is it heavy but that's kind of the way it goes with a heavy duty tool. As a plus the same lithium-ion batteries work in a few other of my bosh tools like a heavy duty Driver drill.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    lower Michigan
    Posts
    16,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SStampede View Post
    Any suggestions? Price is some what of any issue.

    Thanks.
    Are we talking square drive or hex drive ? the most used tool in my shop is an 18v Makita 1/4" hex drive impact gun. It will do just about everything but bumper bolts. I have used makita cordless tools for the last 30 years and have been very happy with them all the way around. I always buy the impact driver and the drill in two piece sets. I now have the Makita set, an 18v DeWalt set (was on sale for $129.00, too good to pass up) which is an excellent drill and driver set. I picked up a Ryobi One 18v set which are good tools. I would recommend any of the tools I mentioned here. If I had to choose my all around favorite it would honestly be a toss up between the Makita's or the DeWalt's drill and driver sets. The Ryobi One LithiumIon cost less than the other two but still excellent tools.

    I have owned 3/8" and 1/2" square drive cordless impact tools and I was not impressed with their torque ratings. My 1/2" air impact is rated at 800 ft lbs and most cordless impacts are at 250 ft lbs or less. Tight bolts or rusty bolts are a waste of time with cordless impacts.

    I see some of the cordless impacts are touted to be 1150 ft lbs of torque and I honestly don't believe it. (even at $450).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    37,442

    Default

    Yep, everyone has their different opinions about different tools. We have a variety of impacts available, if you don't see what you want just ask.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Ok I use Makita 1/4 inch with a socket atachment. For wheel well i use a milwaukee 90 with bits. I used more then any air wrenches. It saved time.. Ok so many will say other wise but you said cost is a factor. For almost 2 years i used a Craftsman cordless impact 1/4". I got a drill driver the 1/4" impact 2 lithium ion batteries a charger and carry bag. Plus a 3 year extended warranty that coverd even the batteries out the door for 130. Never had one problem one battery lasted nearly the week. I sold it to a friend a year ago he still uses it daily. If your interested il look the model up... But for about 260 270 go Makita.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Craftsman combo Item#: 00955233000
    Model#: 7286
    Advertised at sears now for 109.00 Drill driver, impact driver, two batteries Li/ion C3, charger and bag. What ever you get Li/ion batteries are must

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    where you want to use it for? I high recommended Makita and Bosch.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Obama USSR
    Posts
    410

    Default

    I like the Makita the best. But bought the Rigid from HomeDepot I can't say anything bad about them they work good. Also came with life time warr on batteries . They just replaced them no questions asked.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    lower Michigan
    Posts
    16,705

    Default

    I replied to this post almost three years ago and would like to clarify one point. For cordless 1/2" square drive impact tools Milwaukee is definitely the best. And they do provide torque in the higher ranges of 1000 ft lbs up to 1200 ft lbs. They cost close to $500 but if you need a tool like that then spend the extra money and get the best.

    I recently bought a Milwaukee 3/8" cordless angle head ratchet and I am very impressed with it. Great tool and not dragging the air hose around is a real plus. It was on sale at Rural King with cordless ratchet, charger and two batteries along with a nice carrying case for $149. I think it was money well spent.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,526

    Default Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    I replied to this post almost three years ago and would like to clarify one point. For cordless 1/2" square drive impact tools Milwaukee is definitely the best. And they do provide torque in the higher ranges of 1000 ft lbs up to 1200 ft lbs. They cost close to $500 but if you need a tool like that then spend the extra money and get the best.

    I recently bought a Milwaukee 3/8" cordless angle head ratchet and I am very impressed with it. Great tool and not dragging the air hose around is a real plus. It was on sale at Rural King with cordless ratchet, charger and two batteries along with a nice carrying case for $149. I think it was money well spent.
    Phil, who or what is a "Rural King"? Is that some store we don't yet have on the east coast? Is it a chain like HD & Lowes among others?

    We were one of the later states to get Lowes and to be honest, when they first came here, there was not much to brag about and they made HD look a lot better. Lowes had about ZERO of a return policy. They changed their ways within a year and are very competitive and on many things knock the socks off HD. However, on the identical items, it just amazes me that the prices are identical. Sort of like their computers are joined at the hip.

    Back to topic, I have a BOSCH 1/2 incher that, in my uses, has performed fantastically and beyond expectations. Mine is the Bocsh 'BRUTE' and only a 14 volt battery which taught me it's the machine and not so much the volts.

    Henry

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gresham, OR
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Don't be surprised. The manufacturer of the item controls what price they sell at.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Philv, how is that 3/8 cordless ratchet?

    I have been wanting to buy one for last year....

    Have u tried 1/4 inch model?...or arey they the same size?

    I dont know which one to get, i am sick of hauling airline around.....

    I believe this tool could be my most used ratchet...

    I have milwaukee and bosch tools.....awesome quality and easy to find tools on local ads ...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    lower Michigan
    Posts
    16,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    Philv, how is that 3/8 cordless ratchet?

    I have been wanting to buy one for last year....

    Have u tried 1/4 inch model?...or arey they the same size?

    I dont know which one to get, i am sick of hauling airline around.....

    I believe this tool could be my most used ratchet...

    I have milwaukee and bosch tools.....awesome quality and easy to find tools on local ads ...
    Baubau, I am very impressed with the Milwaukee 3/8" cordless ratchet kit. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

    Milwaukee also makes a 3/8 M12 FUEL (key word here is FUEL) which the kit sells for $100 more than the regular M12 ratchet. According to Milwaukee specs the regular M12 ratchet is rated at 35 ft lbs of torque and the M12 FUEL is rated at 55 ft lbs. For $149 for the whole kit including 2 lion batteries the regular M12 kit works great for me. If you can write it off on your shop taxes then the extra $100 for the M12 FUEL might be a good option.

    I'm not familiar with a Milwaukee 1/4" cordless ratchet. My 3/8" Milwaukee ratchet came with a 3/8" to 1/4" adapter. Works for me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    lower Michigan
    Posts
    16,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Phil, who or what is a "Rural King"? Is that some store we don't yet have on the east coast? Is it a chain like HD & Lowes among others?

    We were one of the later states to get Lowes and to be honest, when they first came here, there was not much to brag about and they made HD look a lot better. Lowes had about ZERO of a return policy. They changed their ways within a year and are very competitive and on many things knock the socks off HD. However, on the identical items, it just amazes me that the prices are identical. Sort of like their computers are joined at the hip.

    Back to topic, I have a BOSCH 1/2 incher that, in my uses, has performed fantastically and beyond expectations. Mine is the Bocsh 'BRUTE' and only a 14 volt battery which taught me it's the machine and not so much the volts.

    Henry
    Rural King is like a Home Depot, Tractor Supply and Cabella's on steroids all rolled into one store. They even have a relatively small grocery section.

    Give you an example -- I have a wood burning pellet stove that I really like. This is my 10th year with a pellet stove. Home depot and Lowes sells their wood burning pellets this year at $ 5.19 for a 40 lb bag. Tractor Supply is $4 a bag and Rural King sells theirs for $3.19 a bag and they are good burning pellets. Tractor supply ones this year really sucked. Didn't burn as hot and a lot of ash. Rural King was on par with Home Depot and Lowes for the quality of the wood pellets but by far the best price. On a normal cold winter day I will go through one bag a day. Less than a $100 a month for home heat is pretty good in this part of the country. If you have a wife and kids who demand it be 80 deg.f all winter then you will use considerably more pellets. I keep my place around 70 deg f. Don't really like it much warmer than 70 in the winter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •