TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Looking for a good Cordless Impact Gun.

Default Looking for a good Cordless Impact Gun.

Any suggestions? Price is some what of any issue.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SStampede View Post

Thanks.
    What size drive do you want? 1/2" 3/8"? And they come in different voltages. They also come in kits with extra batteries, charger and case or some come with only the tool. An 8V, 3/8" drive tool only starts at around $60 while a 1/2" with an extra battery, charger and case can be over $400. Most kits run about $200 to $300. The 18V, 1/2" ACD Kit below would cost you $265.

The best cordless impact I use is a bosh 18 V which uses lithium ion batteries. The only thing negative I can say about it is it heavy but that's kind of the way it goes with a heavy duty tool. As a plus the same lithium-ion batteries work in a few other of my bosh tools like a heavy duty Driver drill.

Quote Originally Posted by SStampede View Post

Thanks.
    Are we talking square drive or hex drive ? the most used tool in my shop is an 18v Makita 1/4" hex drive impact gun. It will do just about everything but bumper bolts. I have used makita cordless tools for the last 30 years and have been very happy with them all the way around. I always buy the impact driver and the drill in two piece sets. I now have the Makita set, an 18v DeWalt set (was on sale for $129.00, too good to pass up) which is an excellent drill and driver set. I picked up a Ryobi One 18v set which are good tools. I would recommend any of the tools I mentioned here. If I had to choose my all around favorite it would honestly be a toss up between the Makita's or the DeWalt's drill and driver sets. The Ryobi One LithiumIon cost less than the other two but still excellent tools.

I have owned 3/8" and 1/2" square drive cordless impact tools and I was not impressed with their torque ratings. My 1/2" air impact is rated at 800 ft lbs and most cordless impacts are at 250 ft lbs or less. Tight bolts or rusty bolts are a waste of time with cordless impacts.

I see some of the cordless impacts are touted to be 1150 ft lbs of torque and I honestly don't believe it. (even at $450).

Yep, everyone has their different opinions about different tools. We have a variety of impacts available, if you don't see what you want just ask.

Ok I use Makita 1/4 inch with a socket atachment. For wheel well i use a milwaukee 90 with bits. I used more then any air wrenches. It saved time.. Ok so many will say other wise but you said cost is a factor. For almost 2 years i used a Craftsman cordless impact 1/4". I got a drill driver the 1/4" impact 2 lithium ion batteries a charger and carry bag. Plus a 3 year extended warranty that coverd even the batteries out the door for 130. Never had one problem one battery lasted nearly the week. I sold it to a friend a year ago he still uses it daily. If your interested il look the model up... But for about 260 270 go Makita.

Craftsman combo Item#: 00955233000
    Model#: 7286
    Advertised at sears now for 109.00 Drill driver, impact driver, two batteries Li/ion C3, charger and bag. What ever you get Li/ion batteries are must