TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: correction by trim holes

Default correction by trim holes

so, i was wondering how to best go about fixing this situation. usually when i paint areas that have small holes in them i tape behind them and it helps to prevent this. the trim is very narrow and wont cover all of the run, so i need to sand and buff this out. when its time to buff should i tape the holes to keep from burning through? suggestions?IMAG0144.jpgIMAG0146.jpg
    b marler

I would probably just block it level with a Run Blocker and 800/1500/2500 then polish it. If you take it all with way to 2500 it should polish fairly easily. If you have a 3" foam pad you can work around the hole.

ok then, i'll give it a try. i just received the run blockers from you, but i don't have a 3" pad. is a right angle die grinder ok to run that small pad or is it too fast?
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    ok then, i'll give it a try. i just received the run blockers from you, but i don't have a 3" pad. is a right angle die grinder ok to run that small pad or is it too fast?
    If you have a variable speed electric drill you can use one of these inexpensive 3" backing plates with a 3" foam pad. A die grinder could put the finish in increased jeopardy.

ok, i have several drills to choose from, i'll order some 3" pads for that. thanks for the advice.
    b marler