TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LPH 400 genuine or not

typicalcarguy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rons View Post
    That website even has the logo that reminds one of SATA. Then when you look at the guns, they look like SATA copies.
    I have to admit that they look good. I remember seeing another company called SATI. Probably Len will remove your link.

I don't doubt it,but we aren't trying to get people to buy them or take business from him, just showing how good the chinese have gotten at ripping people off with fakes.

Default W-400

Quote Originally Posted by Rick82 View Post
    Here is a guy who got a fake W101
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzEMZ1HCPc0
    I think "think he got a fake W101" is a more correct term.
    One of the issues he points out is the missing text on the bottom of the cap. But over at Iwata's pages there are several pictures of the w-101 without any text on the lower half.
    I have the same gun, except my can is as it should be. Even the inside parts are marked, and all external marks looks correct.
    Of course it might still be a fake, but if so it's really well made.

I have not tried any other guns so I can't say how it sprays - seems good from my perspective.
    Also - it was very cheep - so, for the money it might very well be a fake. But if so, I really don't know how to separate a real from a fake...

Quote Originally Posted by rons View Post
    That website even has the logo that reminds one of SATA. Then when you look at the guns, they look like SATA copies.
    I have to admit that they look good. I remember seeing another company called SATI. Probably Len will remove your link.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ITALCO-4000B...item43d9da478e

you get what you pay for,lol..

Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    I wonder if parts are available for those fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalk2c View Post
    Hello, Here are my pictures of a NIB genuine gun.
    • How can I prove it is a genuine top quality IWATA and not a grey market or knock off?
    • Is this still a desirable model?
    LPH400 – 144LVX Gun/Cup
    IWA5672
    1.4MM LPH400-LVX HVLP Compliant Spray Gun w/700ml Cup
    Upc 8 13025 01029 5

IWATA LPH400 – 144LVX Gun/Cup new in box

Thank You
    Johnny Walker
    the Iwata LPH400LV is my favorite gun. In fact I'll go a step further and tell you that I have a "very similar" gun that is sold under the name Warwick 904H and it IS the best gun I have ever sprayed urethane with. I paid $120 for it at our local PPG paint store about 6 years ago. I just used the gun night before last on a 2013 Ford Expedition (silver metallic) rear hatch and rear bumper base/clear. No wet sanding or buffing, went out the door with paint straight out of the gun. Parts are readily available and I think the price went up around $20 - $25 per spray gun. A painter and good friend of mine borrowed my Warwick(one or probably 3 people I would let borrow my spray gun) and he told me it was the best spraying gun he has used.

So sometimes you get a LOT more than you pay for.

Default Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    the Iwata LPH400LV is my favorite gun. In fact I'll go a step further and tell you that I have a "very similar" gun that is sold under the name Warwick 904H and it IS the best gun I have ever sprayed urethane with. I paid $120 for it at our local PPG paint store about 6 years ago. I just used the gun night before last on a 2013 Ford Expedition (silver metallic) rear hatch and rear bumper base/clear. No wet sanding or buffing, went out the door with paint straight out of the gun. Parts are readily available and I think the price went up around $20 - $25 per spray gun. A painter and good friend of mine borrowed my Warwick(one or probably 3 people I would let borrow my spray gun) and he told me it was the best spraying gun he has used.

So sometimes you get a LOT more than you pay for.
    Looked it up and found claims that the parts interchange with an IWATA W400. Interesting.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Looked it up and found claims that the parts interchange with an IWATA W400. Interesting.

Henry
    Henry, I would like to see the article about the 904H parts interchance with the W400. (not doubting you, I would just like to read the article). When I bought the gun new the guy that runs the paint store (known him for 25+ years) told me the Warwick 904H was "similar" to the Iwata LPH400LV. I found a post that goes back to 2006 here on this site which I posted talking about the Warwick 904H. So I have owned that gun at least 9 years (not six years). It sprays so good for me that I have never felt a need to replace the gun with something different.

It makes me uncomfortable when talking about what is the "best" spray gun. There is NO best spray gun, no such animal. Every painter is different with different spraying techniques and different personal preferences. Some feel that the more money you spend on a spray gun (Sata comes to mind) the better the gun is and that is absolutely not the case. I have sprayed with Sata spray guns and they were decent guns but not that good to warrant the cost of buying a new Sata. I had a Devilbiss Tekna prolite and I flat personally didn't like the way the gun sprayed. I have sprayed paint with a lot of different guns and my personal favorite gun for the money with the best spraying qualities is the Warwick 904H. It's also important to point out that there is NO new gun out of the box that is going to make an inexperienced painter a great painter. Only hands on experience spraying painting over years of experience is going to make you a top notch painter. It takes years of hands on experience to learn what to do and what not to do and what not to do is just as important as what to do to get a great paint job. The spray gun (any spray gun) makes a big difference but the painter makes an even bigger difference. Like anything else some people have a natural ability at spray painting while others will never be a really good painter no matter how long or how much experience they get. I have sprayed literally thousands of cars over the last 44 years doing this work professionally full time. I equate painting a car to a well choreographed fluid motion dance executed with confidence and total focus on what you're doing. The rest of the world fades away and it's just you, the spray gun and the vehicle you're painting. I guess it's called now "being in the zone".

Long story short - there is NO "best" gun. The "best" gun for you is whatever gun fits YOU personally that gives you consistently good results with a minimum of ( or no) wetsanding when you're done painting.

Default A start..

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    Henry, I would like to see the article about the 904H parts interchance with the W400. (not doubting you, I would just like to read the article). When I bought the gun new the guy that runs the paint store (known him for 25+ years) told me the Warwick 904H was "similar" to the Iwata LPH400LV. I found a post that goes back to 2006 here on this site which I posted talking about the Warwick 904H. So I have owned that gun at least 9 years (not six years). It sprays so good for me that I have never felt a need to replace the gun with something different.

It makes me uncomfortable when talking about what is the "best" spray gun. There is NO best spray gun, no such animal. Every painter is different with different spraying techniques and different personal preferences. Some feel that the more money you spend on a spray gun (Sata comes to mind) the better the gun is and that is absolutely not the case. I have sprayed with Sata spray guns and they were decent guns but not that good to warrant the cost of buying a new Sata. I had a Devilbiss Tekna prolite and I flat personally didn't like the way the gun sprayed. I have sprayed paint with a lot of different guns and my personal favorite gun for the money with the best spraying qualities is the Warwick 904H. It's also important to point out that there is NO new gun out of the box that is going to make an inexperienced painter a great painter. Only hands on experience spraying painting over years of experience is going to make you a top notch painter. It takes years of hands on experience to learn what to do and what not to do and what not to do is just as important as what to do to get a great paint job. The spray gun (any spray gun) makes a big difference but the painter makes an even bigger difference. Like anything else some people have a natural ability at spray painting while others will never be a really good painter no matter how long or how much experience they get. I have sprayed literally thousands of cars over the last 44 years doing this work professionally full time. I equate painting a car to a well choreographed fluid motion dance executed with confidence and total focus on what you're doing. The rest of the world fades away and it's just you, the spray gun and the vehicle you're painting. I guess it's called now "being in the zone".

Long story short - there is NO "best" gun. The "best" gun for you is whatever gun fits YOU personally that gives you consistently good results with a minimum of ( or no) wetsanding when you're done painting.
    Phil, I read a couple things making the comment about parts compatibility. One is below and the other I can't find. Didn't know I might need it. Below is one but older from an eBay ad and I even tried to get to the seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warwick-904H...-/330967003861
    He said: "This is a new unused high quality Warwick spray gun. Air cap, needle, and nozzle fit a W400 iwata as well and vice versa. I have another of these and they spray a top notch finish for a fraction of the cost of an iwata. The coffee table in the background was cleared with a 904H as well. I have a 1.3 on the gun. If the buyer prefers a 1.4 or 1.8 just send a message at checkout of your preference. If no message then the 1.3 will be sent.

Here is a guy who sells the Warwick but uses them in his videos:

http://www.learnautobodyandpaint.com...ay-gun-review:

For the money I like to try one of these.

Henry

Those guns absolutely have my vote.

Ive been using an Iwata W-400 for years! If this gun sprays the same I might have to try one.

Currently I have a 1.3 tip in the Iwata....Wondering which would be best for base/clear the 1.3 or 1.4?

Quote Originally Posted by gpracer15 View Post
    Ive been using an Iwata W-400 for years! If this gun sprays the same I might have to try one.

Currently I have a 1.3 tip in the Iwata....Wondering which would be best for base/clear the 1.3 or 1.4?
    It depends on the viscosity of the clear you're using. I use a Sagola with a 1.3 for most clears.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick82 View Post
    My friend (yeah right ) bought a what he thinks is a LPH400-lv4 1.4 $300 from a guy in Japan. It is a very good price but i think that i may be a clone. Maybe someone here can sort it out, my friend asked me but i don't have a clue if its a genuine Iwata or not. The reason why he bought it from Japan is because they are very hard to get here in Sweden and the shops who have them knows that they are rare here and sells them to a very high price.

He is nervous and won't use them until he knows for sure that they are genuine. And if not he will try to have paypal pay back the money because of fraud. Even if 300 dollars is cheap for a Iwata lph 400, it is still a lot of money for a fake.

Sorry for my english, hope you understand.

Attachment 16271
    Attachment 16272
    Attachment 16273
    Attachment 16274
    Attachment 16275
    Rick,
    I have more than one of these guns. Everything, including the box is the same. That gun is real.
    LS6

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Phil, I read a couple things making the comment about parts compatibility. One is below and the other I can't find. Didn't know I might need it. Below is one but older from an eBay ad and I even tried to get to the seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warwick-904H...-/330967003861
    He said: "This is a new unused high quality Warwick spray gun. Air cap, needle, and nozzle fit a W400 iwata as well and vice versa. I have another of these and they spray a top notch finish for a fraction of the cost of an iwata. The coffee table in the background was cleared with a 904H as well. I have a 1.3 on the gun. If the buyer prefers a 1.4 or 1.8 just send a message at checkout of your preference. If no message then the 1.3 will be sent.

Here is a guy who sells the Warwick but uses them in his videos:

http://www.learnautobodyandpaint.com...ay-gun-review:

For the money I like to try one of these.

Henry
    I have heard some bad things about the newer guns, like they switched manufacturers and the internals are not as good. Did you ever make the purchase? I also heard that the Astro evo guns will use the "better" cap from the warwick 904 and the lph400's