TheCoatingStore.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saab paint correction

Default Saab paint correction

I did this for my father-in-law last week.

It had some moderate swirls all over. I only took a few shots of the hood showing what condition the whole car was in.

Hood Before:

Hood After:

Finished product:

Tell us your process,so i can nit pic it and criticise you..

In final pic it doesnt look perfectly clear looks like it has smears from possibly filling it with silicone based wax or cleaner..

Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    Tell us your process,so i can nit pic it and criticise you..

In final pic it doesnt look perfectly clear looks like it has smears from possibly filling it with silicone based wax or cleaner..
    Same process I always use.
    HD CUT
    HD POLISH
    OPTIMUM OPTI SEAL.
    None of them have silicone or fillers.
    If you will pay attention to the last picture you will be able to tell that it is the lens of my phone causing that look. The sun is not shining on the curved and lower areas of the car but the effect is still there.

Ignore him, I think you did a fantastic job.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremekustomz View Post
    Same process I always use.
    HD CUT
    HD POLISH
    OPTIMUM OPTI SEAL.
    None of them have silicone or fillers.
    If you will pay attention to the last picture you will be able to tell that it is the lens of my phone causing that look. The sun is not shining on the curved and lower areas of the car but the effect is still there.

Lol,not to bad i guess,what machines and pads did you use..

Maybe you should try some on your camera lez..

Quote Originally Posted by 05daytonahemi View Post
    Honestly it doesn't bother me. On one hand it makes me laugh but then on the other I feel sorry. Most of his posts I ever see are demeaning and overly critical. Not sure how someone gets to that point in their life and can be that unhappy that they have to revert to social media to get their anger and frustration out. I try to not argue in person so I'm for sure not going to do it on "social media." All I know is that my customers are happy with the results and that is all that matters to me. I've pretty much turned down 3 overall paint jobs in the past month and a few overall details due to lack of time. Word of mouth gets me business...not someones opinion online. This was another freebie I did. It's something I enjoy doing and fortunately I make more than enough at my full time job so I am able and willing to help others out whenever I can.

Honestly it doesn't bother me. On one hand it makes me laugh but then on the other I feel sorry. Most of his posts I ever see are demeaning and overly critical. Not sure how someone gets to that point in their life and can be that unhappy that they have to revert to social media to get their anger and frustration out. I try to not argue in person so I'm for sure not going to do it on "social media." All I know is that my customers are happy with the results and that is all that matters to me. I've pretty much turned down 3 overall paint jobs in the past month and a few overall details due to lack of time. Word of mouth gets me business...not someones opinion online. This was another freebie I did. It's something I enjoy doing and fortunately I make more than enough at my full time job so I am able and willing to help others out whenever I can.
    You're right, he's a typical psychology course. They're always tough behind a keyboard to make up for their shortcomings in real life. Oh well, I'm glad you're doing so well. I don't have the patience to do it as a job, so my hat's off to you. Keep up the good work.

You're right, he's a typical psychology course. They're always tough behind a keyboard to make up for their shortcomings in real life. Oh well, I'm glad you're doing so well. I don't have the patience to do it as a job, so my hat's off to you. Keep up the good work.
    This stuff is just a hobby of mine. I have a full time job.

LOL,IM NOT at all ,i used to do details all the time and spent alot of time on the ups an downs of chemicals that sometimes made things worse by not lasting down the road then once i found the right stuff it went great just people never wanted to pay enough to make me keep doing it..

so what machines did you use..

lol,i think you may be confusing me with phil v bud...

its ok i forgive you..

Default Just...

Xtreme always does a super job. I enjoy seeing his results.

As for Style, don't ignore him (well you can if you want to but) over the years he has contributed a lot of positive information (seriously). JUST he has a different and sometime abrasive sense of humor. I read both sides of what he says and rather enjoy the guy.

See his post #10, for example.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    LOL,IM NOT at all ,i used to do details all the time and spent alot of time on the ups an downs of chemicals that sometimes made things worse by not lasting down the road then once i found the right stuff it went great just people never wanted to pay enough to make me keep doing it..

so what machines did you use..
    I used a dewalt rotary with a 6" HD wool pad for cutting and a 5.5" white flat HD foam pad for polishing.

I used a dewalt rotary with a 6" HD wool pad for cutting and a 5.5" white flat HD foam pad for polishing.
    have you ever tried a flex3401vrg i like it way better then the makita bo6040 longer throw faster machine way better balanced.. works well after compounding with a rotory if you dont ever have swirls you dont have to worry about hiding them..

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Xtreme always does a super job. I enjoy seeing his results.

As for Style, don't ignore him (well you can if you want to but) over the years he has contributed a lot of positive information (seriously). JUST he has a different and sometime abrasive sense of humor. I read both sides of what he says and rather enjoy the guy.

See his post #10, for example.

Henry
    I usually don't put anybody on ignore, not even this time. I'm honestly not mad at all, I guess I'm just tired of the junior high b.s.