TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Ford F150 pulls semi truck through snow clogged Chicago streets

Default Ford F150 pulls semi truck through snow clogged Chicago streets

Default I say...

Cool and 4 wheel drive is a must have for a winter like this. So we use 4WD only a few times a year in the winter, to me it's worth it.

That's some shitty job on plowing that Chicago street.

It's a good thing to engage your 4WD several times a year just to keep things moving. Not a good idea to wait until you need it in the winter.

Henry

Mooch is offline I guess you've noticed I DON'T HAVE A CLUE

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Cool and 4 wheel drive is a must have for a winter like this. So we use 4WD only a few times a year in the winter, to me it's worth it.

That's some shitty job on plowing that Chicago street.

It's a good thing to engage your 4WD several times a year just to keep things moving. Not a good idea to wait until you need it in the winter.

Henry
    That is true henry .My F350 is the old school kind .have to get out to lock the front end . Pain in the butt sometimes but doesn't give me any trouble .

Mooch
    Some call me Doosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
    That is true henry .My F350 is the old school kind .have to get out to lock the front end . Pain in the butt sometimes but doesn't give me any trouble .

Mooch
    Mooch, several of my older 4x4's had manual hubs. I never had problem getting out and spinning the hub locks. I was just glad it had front hubs that locked as opposed to two wheel drive. Well worth a little extra effort.

Like Henry says, the front axle auto-lock systems have electric or vacuum actuators that go to hell if you don't use them. I've only used 4 wheel drive a couple times this year since I bought the truck about three months ago. Tonight it's 22 degs outside, that's +22 not -22 like its been lately. It's a frigging head wave.