TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sacramento Autorama 2015

Default Not mine...

Quote Originally Posted by LS6 View Post
    My favorite, as well.
    LS6
    The 63 - 65 Riviera had a good look to it. I owned the first year, the '63. In that year they loaded the car with all sorts of goodies. Only car at the time with 4 heavy leather bucket seats. Even had door handles at the rear of the doors for people in the back seat to open the door. That feature was nice when I owned the car as the back seat was used quite a bit if you know what I mean.

Driving that car was like driving a vette of the same vintage since the front fenders were straight from the shape of those on a 63 - 67 corvette. Maybe cause it was the same designer. Anyway, I really liked the roof design as GM did it. To me, and now knowing the silver car has a Torino roof just sucks.

I have a lot of pics from my Black on black Riviera and one day I'll post a few. I even had marker plates, RIV 63. A guy I knew bought those plates from me for a '63 he was totally restoring some 15 years later. Whatever!

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    The 63 - 65 Riviera had a good look to it. I owned the first year, the '63. In that year they loaded the car with all sorts of goodies. Only car at the time with 4 heavy leather bucket seats. Even had door handles at the rear of the doors for people in the back seat to open the door. That feature was nice when I owned the car as the back seat was used quite a bit if you know what I mean.

Driving that car was like driving a vette of the same vintage since the front fenders were straight from the shape of those on a 63 - 67 corvette. Maybe cause it was the same designer. Anyway, I really liked the roof design as GM did it. To me, and now knowing the silver car has a Torino roof just sucks.

I have a lot of pics from my Black on black Riviera and one day I'll post a few. I even had marker plates, RIV 63. A guy I knew bought those plates from me for a '63 he was totally restoring some 15 years later. Whatever!

Henry
    Very cool Henry, thanks for sharing. Yeah my brother had a 64. Of course, I rode in one many times when they were new, my dad was a Buick salesman through the '60's.

Brian
    Touched by an Angel.