TheCoatingStore.com

Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Sacramento Autorama 2015

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NOT in San Francisco bay area California
    Posts
    29,177

    Default Sacramento Autorama 2015

    My favorite car of the show. A very GM "Motorama" looking fifties dream car.







    Touched by an Angel.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    19,420

    Default So what do you say...

    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    My favorite car of the show. A very GM "Motorama" looking fifties dream car.
    Is that one of those, "don't call my Caddy a Chevy" or the other way around?

    Gotta admire the work put into all this stuff even if you don't like the outcome.

    Henry

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NOT in San Francisco bay area California
    Posts
    29,177

    Default

    I love that Cad! It's a bit over the top, just a bit, but I love it.

    I forgot to get back on the computer after my daughter had to use it for homework to finish this post.

    Here are all the photos I shot.

    http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Bas...?sort=3&page=1

    Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    19,420

    Default What is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    I love that Cad! It's a bit over the top, just a bit, but I love it.

    I forgot to get back on the computer after my daughter had to use it for homework to finish this post.

    Here are all the photos I shot.

    http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Bas...?sort=3&page=1

    Brian
    Brian, you call it a Caddy but the dash and other stuff look like maybe a 59 Chevy? What say you?

    Henry

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Brian, you call it a Caddy but the dash and other stuff look like maybe a 59 Chevy? What say you?

    Henry
    Now that you mention it it does have a certain amount of 59 Chevy to it.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NOT in San Francisco bay area California
    Posts
    29,177

    Default

    He has made a '59 Chevy into a Cad, both quarters, fenders, it is kinda of a mix I understand but I would think it's more of a Cad now. But I'll look at the program tonight and see what he calls it. The dash is Chevy though. Did you look at the photos on my photobucket? How about the '59 ElCamino that has a trunk lid over the whole bed, outside of the stupid wood shit and the air cleaner that sucker was neat.

    Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    19,420

    Default Yes...

    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    He has made a '59 Chevy into a Cad, both quarters, fenders, it is kinda of a mix I understand but I would think it's more of a Cad now. But I'll look at the program tonight and see what he calls it. The dash is Chevy though. Did you look at the photos on my photobucket? How about the '59 ElCamino that has a trunk lid over the whole bed, outside of the stupid wood shit and the air cleaner that sucker was neat.

    Brian
    I saw it Brian. Like I said before, I can't imagine the work, money and imagination and dedication some people have!

    Have to ask you, what is the roof on the silver 63-65 Riviera and tail lights?

    Thanks to LS6, bam55 and you for sharing great photos we would otherwise not see.

    Henry

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NOT in San Francisco bay area California
    Posts
    29,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Brian, you call it a Caddy but the dash and other stuff look like maybe a 59 Chevy? What say you?

    Henry
    It is listed as a 1959 Chevy ElCamino on this web site. https://www.rodshows.com/gnrs/2015/2...rs-garner.html

    But in the show program I have it's an "Elco" as a make with the "Model" as "Kustom".

    Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    lower Michigan
    Posts
    31,081

    Default

    My favorite is the silver Riviera, looks great with better body lines than the original Riviera.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •