TheCoatingStore.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Sacramento Autorama 2015

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NOT in San Francisco bay area California
    Posts
    29,177

    Default Sacramento Autorama 2015

    My favorite car of the show. A very GM "Motorama" looking fifties dream car.







    Touched by an Angel.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    19,146

    Default So what do you say...

    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    My favorite car of the show. A very GM "Motorama" looking fifties dream car.
    Is that one of those, "don't call my Caddy a Chevy" or the other way around?

    Gotta admire the work put into all this stuff even if you don't like the outcome.

    Henry

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NOT in San Francisco bay area California
    Posts
    29,177

    Default

    I love that Cad! It's a bit over the top, just a bit, but I love it.

    I forgot to get back on the computer after my daughter had to use it for homework to finish this post.

    Here are all the photos I shot.

    http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Bas...?sort=3&page=1

    Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    19,146

    Default What is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    I love that Cad! It's a bit over the top, just a bit, but I love it.

    I forgot to get back on the computer after my daughter had to use it for homework to finish this post.

    Here are all the photos I shot.

    http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Bas...?sort=3&page=1

    Brian
    Brian, you call it a Caddy but the dash and other stuff look like maybe a 59 Chevy? What say you?

    Henry

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Brian, you call it a Caddy but the dash and other stuff look like maybe a 59 Chevy? What say you?

    Henry
    Now that you mention it it does have a certain amount of 59 Chevy to it.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NOT in San Francisco bay area California
    Posts
    29,177

    Default

    He has made a '59 Chevy into a Cad, both quarters, fenders, it is kinda of a mix I understand but I would think it's more of a Cad now. But I'll look at the program tonight and see what he calls it. The dash is Chevy though. Did you look at the photos on my photobucket? How about the '59 ElCamino that has a trunk lid over the whole bed, outside of the stupid wood shit and the air cleaner that sucker was neat.

    Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    19,146

    Default Yes...

    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    He has made a '59 Chevy into a Cad, both quarters, fenders, it is kinda of a mix I understand but I would think it's more of a Cad now. But I'll look at the program tonight and see what he calls it. The dash is Chevy though. Did you look at the photos on my photobucket? How about the '59 ElCamino that has a trunk lid over the whole bed, outside of the stupid wood shit and the air cleaner that sucker was neat.

    Brian
    I saw it Brian. Like I said before, I can't imagine the work, money and imagination and dedication some people have!

    Have to ask you, what is the roof on the silver 63-65 Riviera and tail lights?

    Thanks to LS6, bam55 and you for sharing great photos we would otherwise not see.

    Henry

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NOT in San Francisco bay area California
    Posts
    29,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I saw it Brian. Like I said before, I can't imagine the work, money and imagination and dedication some people have!

    Have to ask you, what is the roof on the silver 63-65 Riviera and tail lights?

    Thanks to LS6, bam55 and you for sharing great photos we would otherwise not see.

    Henry
    I don't know about the tail lights but the roof is from a Torino. Which I think wasn't well done in that he shouldn't have used the quarter windows as they were on the Torino with chrome being used just as they were. You see, I along with many people I imagine see that Torino roof the second they look at the car. He should have changed the shape of the windows, that is all it would have taken to throw it off.

    But that display was my favorite one, he photo shopped the car into GM design studio photos, very cool.

    Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    45,324

    Default Here's a couple of my favorites








  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NOT in San Francisco bay area California
    Posts
    29,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Brian, you call it a Caddy but the dash and other stuff look like maybe a 59 Chevy? What say you?

    Henry
    It is listed as a 1959 Chevy ElCamino on this web site. https://www.rodshows.com/gnrs/2015/2...rs-garner.html

    But in the show program I have it's an "Elco" as a make with the "Model" as "Kustom".

    Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    lower Michigan
    Posts
    30,620

    Default

    My favorite is the silver Riviera, looks great with better body lines than the original Riviera.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    My favorite is the silver Riviera, looks great with better body lines than the original Riviera.
    My favorite, as well.
    LS6

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NOT in San Francisco bay area California
    Posts
    29,177

    Default

    One of my friends posted something about the car and I mentioned how though it was an outstanding car and one of my top 3 favorites at the show I thought the Pontiac themed wheels and leaving the quarter windows the same shape as the donor car (Ford Torino) were a mistake. The builder of the car came on and made some smart ass remark about "Sure there's always someone who thinks they could have done it better". LOL Sorry dude.

    Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Brian,

    I don't disagree the quarter windows look out of place. Absolutely stunning riv though. It reminds me of a 60's barracuda. Which I like the back end on, but the fronts are not so cute.

    I'm partial to that orange 50 ford custom coupe. It appears to be sectioned and for some reason I like that look.

    - Jeremy
    Avid collector of rust!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NOT in San Francisco bay area California
    Posts
    29,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junk View Post
    Brian,

    I don't disagree the quarter windows look out of place. Absolutely stunning riv though. It reminds me of a 60's barracuda. Which I like the back end on, but the fronts are not so cute.

    I'm partial to that orange 50 ford custom coupe. It appears to be sectioned and for some reason I like that look.

    - Jeremy
    Yep, it's sectioned, the "Shoebox" Ford has been a popular section project since it was new.

    Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •