TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Ford versus Chevy 4X4's tug of war, guess who wins, hahahha

Default Ford versus Chevy 4X4's tug of war, guess who wins, hahahha

Lmao Phil, that was awesome!

Back in the mid eighties, I saw a 1970 Totota Land Cruiser beat a "fairly new" F-250..

It wasn't as epic as that video, but the land cruiser dug it's front wheels in (they were both in reverse), and the F-250 blew a front axle while trying to budge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    Lmao Phil, that was awesome!

I thought you would appreciate that video, Jim. It was posted with you in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    Back in the mid eighties, I saw a 1970 Totota Land Cruiser beat a "fairly new" F-250..

It wasn't as epic as that video, but the land cruiser dug it's front wheels in (they were both in reverse), and the F-250 blew a front axle while trying to budge it.
    Jim, those old F series Toyota Land Cruisers were some BAD ASS machines. Obviously based on the Land Rover 4X4. Those old Land Cruisers came with an inline 6 cyl that was a copy of a late 1930's Chevy inline overhead valve six. I remember back in the late seventies and 80's where a lot of people bought a 350 chevy kit for the land cruisers to replace the inline 6. (actually the 6's were well suited to that vehicle if used correctly.)

My dad had a late 1960's International Scout with a 151 cu. in 4 cyl engine, needless to say stick shift. Had posi in both the front and rear axles. Two of my brothers and I helped my dad load up a bunch of wood blocks that were cut up for stove wood. The big wood chunks still needed to be split on a log splitter. We loaded that trailer down and it was HEAVY. I was thinking to myself there is no way in hell that little 4 cyl scout engine is going to pull that trailer full of wood out of the woods on a crappy bumpy dirt trail, absolutely no way. I looked at my dad and said as much. He just smiled that knowing smile of his and said " would you like to drive ?" So I said sure, I'll drive. We locked the front axle in put it in low gear 4 wheel high and off we go. I was ASTOUNDED that little Scout pulled that trailer load of wood out of the bush and never grunted or spun a tire. I am still amazed today by what that little 4x4 could do. My brother still has the Scout but the rust has totally destroyed the body and frame. The engine/drive train was low mileage (like around 30K miles) and it probably still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    Jim, those old F series Toyota Land Cruisers were some BAD ASS machines. Obviously based on the Land Rover 4X4. Those old Land Cruisers came with an inline 6 cyl that was a copy of a late 1930's Chevy inline overhead valve six. I remember back in the late seventies and 80's where a lot of people bought a 350 chevy kit for the land cruisers to replace the inline 6. (actually the 6's were well suited to that vehicle if used correctly.)

My dad had a late 1960's International Scout with a 151 cu. in 4 cyl engine, needless to say stick shift. Had posi in both the front and rear axles. Two of my brothers and I helped my dad load up a bunch of wood blocks that were cut up for stove wood. The big wood chunks still needed to be split on a log splitter. We loaded that trailer down and it was HEAVY. I was thinking to myself there is no way in hell that little 4 cyl scout engine is going to pull that trailer full of wood out of the woods on a crappy bumpy dirt trail, absolutely no way. I looked at my dad and said as much. He just smiled that knowing smile of his and said " would you like to drive ?" So I said sure, I'll drive. We locked the front axle in put it in low gear 4 wheel high and off we go. I was ASTOUNDED that little Scout pulled that trailer load of wood out of the bush and never grunted or spun a tire. I am still amazed today by what that little 4x4 could do. My brother still has the Scout but the rust has totally destroyed the body and frame. The engine/drive train was low mileage (like around 30K miles) and it probably still good.
    Yeah Phil, you're preachin to the choir as far as the old Land Cruiser is concerned. They have a real good 4WD system in those.

That one I just mentioned belonged to my buddy's father. It was nothing fancy on the outside, but mechanically sound. It was all stock, slightly rusty, and decent tires. They would always tell me what a great machine it was, but I was skeptical until I saw that tug of war. After that, I was a fan. It's all about the 4WD system they have in those... "All four wheels, all the time"... In the years after that, I saw them dominate mud bog competitions too. They would sail right thru some things that got bigger trucks stuck, (with bigger tires).

I always like the way those old International Scouts look, but I'm not familiar with what they can do. It must've been fun to drag that trailer out of the woods!

At my local autoparts store, I often see an old International that's all busted up. But it's still cool.. It looks like it been laid on it's side at least once. It's rusty and dented to hell on ALL sides, including the roof, and part of the roof panel is completely gone. That truck looks like it's been thru hell, but it's still somebody's daily driver. Looks like it can still raise hell in the woods too. It looks like a pig-hunters truck. - Just add a machine gun and it would look like a "Mad Max" truck.

LOLOLOLOLOL, no really, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

Default Where you been?

Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOL, no really, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Brian
    Why you drudging up this old stupid video at this late date? It's only bullshit of one video of altered trucks.

You can spend enough time online and find Chevy beats Ford, then Dodge comes along and beats them, then Toyota comes and so on. BFD is what I say.

Besides, you doing all this on work time? (I hope so!)

Henry