TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: Does any one have a Magna Stitcher?

Default Does any one have a Magna Stitcher?

If so, could you post some pics or send me some pics of it? I'm looking to make one.

Thanks.

Go to Google and just type that into the Google Images search box. It looks like you could make one with a Weller soldering gun and some MIG welding wire. Don't try the wire with flux as that may contaminate the plastic. Experiment with different lengths of wire to get the temperature that works for melting into plastic.

Bob K

You didn't ask but I have had good luck with fiberglass mesh like for sheet rock and 2 part SEM epoxy over a spot that has been prepared by grinding down an area with a 36 grit Roloc disc on a die grinder.

Bob K

I looked around, and couldn't find what I need. I need a picture of the inside of it, where it goes around the stud welder. I will be posting what I did here soon.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SStampede View Post
    I looked around, and couldn't find what I need. I need a picture of the inside of it, where it goes around the stud welder. I will be posting what I did here soon.

Thanks.
    Here's a picture. It appears that it slips over the collar and uses that thumb screw to tighten. The picture is a link to the store where you can see details on what comes in the kit.