TheCoatingStore.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ford = more reliable ///\\\ Chevy = faster

Default Ford did good...

I saw a couple of this new Mustang on MotorWeek tonight (Wed). All I'll say is Ford did a great job on the resto Mustang like the GT Phil and another member here has. That's a good looking car.

This new one looks good but NOT like a Mustang. I don't like how the "C" pillar and quarter panel look on this new one.

Of the three big deal redo's, the Challenger looks good, the Camaro looks good but I think Ford did the best job with the Mustang prior to this new one. Never thought I'd give Ford all this credit. I also like what they created with the Taurus, the Edge and the MKZ. Drivetrains will remain in question on the last 3 I mentioned. They always seem to screw that up.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I saw a couple of this new Mustang on MotorWeek tonight (Wed). All I'll say is Ford did a great job on the resto Mustang like the GT Phil and another member here has. That's a good looking car.

This new one looks good but NOT like a Mustang. I don't like how the "C" pillar and quarter panel look on this new one.

Of the three big deal redo's, the Challenger looks good, the Camaro looks good but I think Ford did the best job with the Mustang prior to this new one. Never thought I'd give Ford all this credit. I also like what they created with the Taurus, the Edge and the MKZ. Drivetrains will remain in question on the last 3 I mentioned. They always seem to screw that up.

Henry
    Henry, I agree 100%. Ford did an excellent job in 2005 with the restyled retro Mustang. 2005 - 2009 used the original retro styled body but in 2010 the came out with an "upgraded" body that's OK but moving away from the the retro style. I really don't care for the restyled 2015 Mustang, it looks more like a regular ford than it does a Mustang. My favorite of all the Mustangs is still the '67 or '68 Mustang Fastback Shelby but after that then my choice would be the car I have now.

The only pre 1974 Mustang I never owned was the '69 or '70 Mustang. No good reason, just never owned one. I have owned at least a dozen '73 and older Mustangs (no Shelbys and no Boss's). My Shelby will be payed off shortly and I'm deciding what to get next. No intention of ever selling the Shelby. I actually thought about a pre-owned CTS-V but I already have a go fast car and don't need another one. I really do like the body styling of the 2 door CTS's. If I buy another collector car then I'll have to build a special garage for it, like it did for the Shelby.

Mooch is offline I guess you've noticed I DON'T HAVE A CLUE

I really like the new Mustang . If I was dumb enough to buy a new car it would be the 2015 Mustang .

Funny how we all see cars in a different way . I did own a 1970 mach 1 and I beat it to death .

To be Honest I like all of the new Muscle cars . Now if someone would only come out with a new Hudson Hornet ..I would buy one .But it would have to have the 308 flathead six in it .

Mooch
    Some call me Doosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
    I really like the new Mustang . If I was dumb enough to buy a new car it would be the 2015 Mustang .

Funny how we all see cars in a different way . I did own a 1970 mach 1 and I beat it to death .

To be Honest I like all of the new Muscle cars . Now if someone would only come out with a new Hudson Hornet ..I would buy one .But it would have to have the 308 flathead six in it .

Mooch
    Mooch, are you talking about the upside down bathtub Hudson Hornet ? (around 1950?) Hudson made a Terraplane coupe back in the 1930's that was a good looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    Mooch, are you talking about the upside down bathtub Hudson Hornet ? (around 1950?) Hudson made a Terraplane coupe back in the 1930's that was a good looking car.
    LOL..That would be it . I passed one up a few years back and wish I had bought it . Now the price is out of sight .

1951-hudson-hornet-club-coupe-wanted-stock-number-pc202_96e9d.jpg

Have they ever made a better looking car ...NO .

Mooch
    Some call me Doosh!

LOL..That would be it . I passed one up a few years back and wish I had bought it . Now the price is out of sight .

Have they ever made a better looking car ...NO .

Mooch
    That's a pretty cool "granpa" car Mooch, but, imo, there have been plenty of better looking cars built since then..

I like the skirts and the whitewalls though.. I would sport that, but I'm not nostalgic about it like you are..

Henry
    That's what I was thinking Henry... That new mustang looked a lot like a Camaro to me.. especially the "hips" in front of the rear wheels.. even the hood seems to steal a little from the Camaro... I thought it was a nice blend.

But I'll bet a new Z-28 is still faster... That new Mustang was a GT.

Default 4 doors?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    That's a pretty cool "granpa" car Mooch, but, imo, there have been plenty of better looking cars built since then..

I like the skirts and the whitewalls though.. I would sport that, but I'm not nostalgic about it like you are..
    Mooch, my cousin has had a 4 door one of those in his garage for well over 20 years. He's older than me so cars from the 50's were always important to him. You interested in a 4 door? The 2 door does look better.

Henry

That Hornet looks like a '50 Mercury. Didn't Hudson make a "fastback" model back then that DID look like an upside down bath tub.

Here is a Hudson Hornet "fastback" --
    http://mattstonecars.com/blog/wp-con...t-1024x768.jpg

Here is an original 1950 Mercury advertisement -- http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/Mercu.../50-02_jpg.jpg

Default Faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    That's what I was thinking Henry... That new mustang looked a lot like a Camaro to me.. especially the "hips" in front of the rear wheels.. even the hood seems to steal a little from the Camaro... I thought it was a nice blend.

But I'll bet a new Z-28 is still faster... That new Mustang was a GT.
    I know a guy with a fast newer Mustang GT as it is and he had it picked up here in CT and shipped to Vegas for some Snake something done to it. That will cost him between 50 & 60K. Why is he doing this? For 1200+ HP and 'because he can'. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Ford and Chevy will forever have wars on which one is quicker. All I'll say is "Ford has a better idea" (slogan from the 70's) to which I always said, 'and GM makes it work?

Henry

Mooch, my cousin has had a 4 door one of those in his garage for well over 20 years. He's older than me so cars from the 50's were always important to him. You interested in a 4 door? The 2 door does look better.

Henry
    No thanks Henry ...way too much work . I like the 2 door much better but could live with a 4 door . Be hard to live with the MPG though .They only got about 14 mpg .

Mooch
    Some call me Doosh!

Default Not sure

No thanks Henry ...way too much work . I like the 2 door much better but could live with a 4 door . Be hard to live with the MPG though .They only got about 14 mpg .

Mooch
    Not really sure it needs any work. Been years since I've seen it. He has an Avanti in there with it.

Mooch, who cares about the MPG. Shit, if I could have my GTO back again that would make gas mileage meaningless. Any old car we could have would be our only link with youth.

Henry

Default Faster?

I know a guy with a fast newer Mustang GT as it is and he had it picked up here in CT and shipped to Vegas for some Snake something done to it. That will cost him between 50 & 60K. Why is he doing this? For 1200+ HP and 'because he can'. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Ford and Chevy will forever have wars on which one is quicker. All I'll say is "Ford has a better idea" (slogan from the 70's) to which I always said, 'and GM makes it work?

Henry
    Well Henry, "faster" is a hard thing to judge sometimes.. because "the loose nut behind the wheel" is the fastest upgrade any car can get imo. Good tires would be the next thing..

But it seems to me, in general, Chevy always made the fastest V-8s, and they still do. Daytona 500 is coming up next Sunday, and I'd bet the odds are in favor of a Chevy winning it.

Any car can be "suped up", but the Chevy factory makes some great engines.. I'd love to drop a 350 small block into my F-150..

At one time I would argue with anyone over what make was best . And bam ..I got smarter and realized there is no such thing .

The new muscle cars of today would blow the doors of the old stock muscle cars . No contest .

Mooch
    Some call me Doosh!

At one time I would argue with anyone over what make was best . And bam ..I got smarter and realized there is no such thing .

The new muscle cars of today would blow the doors of the old stock muscle cars . No contest .

Mooch
    Yep, it's funny, I drive my Gran Sport, 401 cubes of GM muscle car. Rumpity cam so rough I am constantly looking in the rear view mirror at stop lights because I think someone has bumper the back of the car! I can smoke the tires down the street, with slicks and uncapped headers ran 13:80@99.99 (never broke a hundred ) I have all this and some 2014 Toyota with four cylinders will blow it's doors off! LOLOL

Brian
    Touched by an Angel.