TheCoatingStore.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GM Bolt

The GM Bolt is a concept car (not available to the public and not yet ready for prime time). On the other had GM makes and sells the Chevy Spark EV, a full electric car with a reported 80 miles range from fully charged batteries.

I ran across this ad on craigslist a week ago and actually thought about buying the car just for the hell of it. It's also called the Spark EV (2008 model) but from my research it looks nothing like the first, second or third generation Chevy Spark AND it has electrical issues which based on the previous information parts may well be really hard to find to non existent. So I passed on buying the car.

http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/4808673334.html

The GM Spark is/was made in South Korea by Daewoo Motors (now a part of GM) and the parts should be relatively easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    The GM Bolt is a concept car (not available to the public and not yet ready for prime time). On the other had GM makes and sells the Chevy Spark EV, a full electric car with a reported 80 miles range from fully charged batteries.

I ran across this ad on craigslist a week ago and actually thought about buying the car just for the hell of it. It's also called the Spark EV (2008 model) but from my research it looks nothing like the first, second or third generation Chevy Spark AND it has electrical issues which based on the previous information parts may well be really hard to find to non existent. So I passed on buying the car.

http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/4808673334.html

The GM Spark is/was made in South Korea by Daewoo Motors (now a part of GM) and the parts should be relatively easy to get.
    I've been wondering what the difference in range is as the temperature drops. I'm sure if the car is advertised as having an 80 mile range it's under ideal conditions, I wonder what the rage is when the temperature hits 0 degrees F.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    I've been wondering what the difference in range is as the temperature drops. I'm sure if the car is advertised as having an 80 mile range it's under ideal conditions, I wonder what the rage is when the temperature hits 0 degrees F.
    Excellent question, Len. One that never occurred to me, so I did some research on electric cars and temperature effect on range of the vehicle. What I found shocked me (no pun intended). http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...icles/6622979/.

AAA says the range can drop by up to 57% at 20 deg. f. and drop 33% with temps in the 90's deg. f. range. I suspected the range would drop some as the temps went down but no idea it would be that much of a drop and I had no idea at all that range would drop as temperatures go up into the upper 90's deg's and higher.
    Actually I thought the range would increase with warmer battery temps, sure was wrong on that one. Thanks, Len. Interesting question and I learned something much different than what I expected.

Mooch is offline I guess you've noticed I DON'T HAVE A CLUE

I didn't need to learn anything about electric cars . All you have to remember is the word ... JUNK . Maybe down the road a few years but not now .

Diesel on the other hand is the way to go .

Mooch
    Some call me Doosh!

with time a lot of cars depreciate, kinda like people they get all rusty and start falling apart first thing to go is the mind..

http://www.refinishnetwork.com/forum...854-first-post

so let me get this straight phil you've been doing bodywork for 55years yet you found time to join the military too long enough to become retired from it...

I got stuck behind a Nissan "Leaf' the other day, while going up a hill... that thing was pissin me off!

It was quick getting out of the corners, but the driver was a prick, going slow in the straights.. I think he was doing it on purpose, that fukn prick.. Going up a steep hill, with 10 mph hairpin turns, I like to keep some momentum. This prick was actually doing 10 mph approaching the turns.. nobody drives that slow (except maybe Brian)... That fukr probably cost me a dollar worth of gas..

And on top of all that, the Nissan Leaf is one butt ugly car. I almost wanted to rear end it on principle alone. It doesn't even have a rear bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    I got stuck behind a Nissan "Leaf' the other day, while going up a hill... that thing was pissin me off!

It was quick getting out of the corners, but the driver was a prick, going slow in the straights.. I think he was doing it on purpose, that fukn prick.. Going up a steep hill, with 10 mph hairpin turns, I like to keep some momentum. This prick was actually doing 10 mph approaching the turns.. nobody drives that slow (except maybe Brian)... That fukr probably cost me a dollar worth of gas..

And on top of all that, the Nissan Leaf is one butt ugly car. I almost wanted to rear end it on principle alone. It doesn't even have a rear bumper.
    Lol.. Thats funny..

... of all the cars ever made, I think the Nissan Leaf should have the best rear bumper of all!
    It needs it..

Yeah Jim, he saw his wife had called you on her cel phone and talked about the next time you and her could go have a sex romp at the local hotel. He got your address and the license to your car and sat in wait for you to come down the road so he could screw with you over your affair with his wife.

Yeah, he was out to get you like all people who get in your way on the road.

Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    Yeah Jim, he saw his wife had called you on her cel phone and talked about the next time you and her could go have a sex romp at the local hotel. He got your address and the license to your car and sat in wait for you to come down the road so he could screw with you over your affair with his wife.

Yeah, he was out to get you like all people who get in your way on the road.

Brian
    Lol Brian, you sure do have an active imagination.. Actually, I thought of you when I was stuck behind that leaf... I could picture you just toolin along, checkin out the scenery, la-de-da...

I was only a minute away from where I was going, so I didn't try to pass, but what I said about momentum in the turn is real. I'm not talking about going fast, but my truck likes a little momentum coming out of a hairpin turn, while going on a hill...

Electric cars jump out of sharp corners with ease..

Lol Brian, you sure do have an active imagination.. Actually, I thought of you when I was stuck behind that leaf... I could picture you just toolin along, checkin out the scenery, la-de-da...

I was only a minute away from where I was going, so I didn't try to pass, but what I said about momentum in the turn is real. I'm not talking about going fast, but my truck likes a little momentum coming out of a hairpin turn, while going on a hill...

Brian kind of sound like Mr. Magoo's driving of cartoon fame. " la di da di da, Oh My !"

Every time someone says how other cars are "holding them back" I have to laugh. Especially when they are in the way of the car behind them that is thinking the same thing! LOLOL There is someone behind you calling you names every day because you aren't doing exactly what they want in this "line dance" you bone heads think is going on.

Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    Every time someone says how other cars are "holding them back" I have to laugh. Especially when they are in the way of the car behind them that is thinking the same thing! LOLOL There is someone behind you calling you names every day because you aren't doing exactly what they want in this "line dance" you bone heads think is going on.

Brian
    I disagree Brian.

When I get caught behind a rolling roadblock, I'm only pissed at the car "in the very front" who's holding everyone up. Everyone else in the line is just stuck too. It's not their fault.

Another one of my pet peeves is when people take too long to take off from a red light. Or if they leave a ten second gap while approaching a green light.

Now, that "Leaf" on the other hand, that thing was barely going the speed limit. Maybe even less...

When I see someone catch up behind me, I speed up or move over. But I guess you don't think like that.. do you even look in your rearview mirror at all?

I disagree Brian.

When I get caught behind a rolling roadblock, I'm only pissed at the car "in the very front" who's holding everyone up. Everyone else in the line is just stuck too. It's not their fault.

Another one of my pet peeves is when people take too long to take off from a red light. Or if they leave a ten second gap while approaching a green light.

Now, that "Leaf" on the other hand, that thing was barely going the speed limit. Maybe even less...

When I see someone catch up behind me, I speed up or move over. But I guess you don't think like that.. do you even look in your rearview mirror at all?
    People like you give me a lot of entertainment. SECONDS you are talking about SECONDS geeeeez, spend your time looking up at the clouds or the amazing trees or flowers.

SECONDS is all you are talking about! If that, usually we aren't talking about ANY loss of time because you would have ended up next to the same car at the light even if you got past him. Geeeez

Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

quote from Brian -- "People like you give me a lot of entertainment. SECONDS you are talking about SECONDS geeeeez, spend your time looking up at the clouds or the amazing trees or flowers. " (end quote).

HOW ABOUT KEEPING YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD AND STAYING FOCUSED AS A RESPONSIBLE DRIVER, IF NOT FOR YOURSELF THEN FOR THE SAFETY OF THE OTHER PEOPLE SHARING THE SAME ROAD YOU'RE ON ?