TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GM Bolt

Default Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by style View Post
    What a waste,my 91 honda crx gets. 48 city and 60 hwy and has non of the maintenance issues like these tech monsters..
    You got a keeper there good buddy.

Henry

What a waste,my 91 honda crx gets. 48 city and 60 hwy and has non of the maintenance issues like these tech monsters..
    As usual just more bullshit from Style. The gov't EPA gas rating for a 1991 Honda CRX HF (high fuel economy) is 38 city and 46 hwy. (check for yourself). If history is any indicator of why style is going to say next it will be something like " the professor and Marty McFly let style use their flux capacitor from the Delorean time machine on Back to the Future ". Rock on there Style.

Mooch is offline I guess you've noticed I DON'T HAVE A CLUE

If I was buying a car for the best gas mileage it would be the Prius which the loaded model comes in at around $27,000 .

It has about 13 years of tested experience on our roads . I know a few who own one and love them .

In actual use the Passat TDI Clean Diesel gets in the high 40s on the highway .

I drove the Prius and was impressed with it . Fast enough and plenty of room . That being said I wouldn't buy one .

If gas ever stayed where it should they wouldn't sell many either .

I think it wont be long if gas stays cheap before the states up the tax and of course when gas goes back up the tax stays .

It is nothing more than a scam to break Russia and to raise gas taxes .

I do like diesel under $3.00 a gal .

Electric cars will not be a norm in any of our lifetimes including our kids .

Hey Wizz where is the $5.00 a gal gas you moron . Your time frame for it has long passed .

Mooch ...and Len it is national average not a few stations .
    Some call me Doosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
    If I was buying a car for the best gas mileage it would be the Prius which the loaded model comes in at around $27,000 .

It has about 13 years of tested experience on our roads . I know a few who own one and love them .

In actual use the Passat TDI Clean Diesel gets in the high 40s on the highway .

I drove the Prius and was impressed with it . Fast enough and plenty of room . That being said I wouldn't buy one .

If gas ever stayed where it should they wouldn't sell many either .

I think it wont be long if gas stays cheap before the states up the tax and of course when gas goes back up the tax stays .

It is nothing more than a scam to break Russia and to raise gas taxes .

I do like diesel under $3.00 a gal .

Electric cars will not be a norm in any of our lifetimes including our kids .

Hey Wizz where is the $5.00 a gal gas you moron . Your time frame for it has long passed .

Mooch ...and Len it is national average not a few stations .
    The best thing for electric and hybrid cars is high gas prices. When the price drops, as it has, these vehicles and other green energy initiatives will be less successful. And the US isn't the main country causing the price of oil to drop.

Four things are now affecting the picture. Demand is low because of weak economic activity, increased efficiency, and a growing switch away from oil to other fuels. Second, turmoil in Iraq and Libya—two big oil producers with nearly 4m barrels a day combined—has not affected their output. The market is more sanguine about geopolitical risk. Thirdly, America has become the world’s largest oil producer. Though it does not export crude oil, it now imports much less, creating a lot of spare supply. Finally, the Saudis and their Gulf allies have decided not to sacrifice their own market share to restore the price. They could curb production sharply, but the main benefits would go to countries they detest such as Iran and Russia. Saudi Arabia can tolerate lower oil prices quite easily. It has $900 billion in reserves. Its own oil costs very little (around $5-6 per barrel) to get out of the ground.

The main effect of this is on the riskiest and most vulnerable bits of the oil industry. These include American frackers who have borrowed heavily on the expectation of continuing high prices. They also include Western oil companies with high-cost projects involving drilling in deep water or in the Arctic, or dealing with maturing and increasingly expensive fields such as the North Sea. But the greatest pain is in countries where the regimes are dependent on a high oil price to pay for costly foreign adventures and expensive social programmes. These include Russia (which is already hit by Western sanctions following its meddling in Ukraine) and Iran (which is paying to keep the Assad regime afloat in Syria). Optimists think economic pain may make these countries more amenable to international pressure. Pessimists fear that when cornered, they may lash out in desperation. LINK

I like the styling of many of the new cars, this "Bolt" included, but damn is the name stupid!

Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
    I like the styling of many of the new cars, this "Bolt" included, but damn is the name stupid!

Brian
    Most names given to cars are stupid including Rambler . My Focus is another stupid name .

My all time favorite names are Hornet and Road Master and Wasp .

How about driving around in a Lark ? But it isn't easy to come up with new names for cars . I think the styling of most newer cars is pretty bad . Except for the muscle cars .

What would be your favorite names ?

Mooch
    Some call me Doosh!

Brian
    What I'm hearing is that the name "Bolt" is a temporary name given to the car in order to present it at the Detroit Auto Show so I guess the name may change.

Most names given to cars are stupid including Rambler . My Focus is another stupid name .

How about driving around in a Lark ? But it isn't easy to come up with new names for cars . I think the styling of most newer cars is pretty bad . Except for the muscle cars .

Mooch
    There are two that crack me up and I believe great marketing names, "Altima" and "Maxima". I love marketing as you know so I "get" most of them, Focus for example, I like it. And Rambler, are you kidding? You can "Ramble" all over, it's YOUR choice where you want to go, just "ramble", I love it.

I never have liked the C230 and those kinda crappy sounds like nothing names. But again, it sounds like "high technology" like a computer or something. But then the Scions came around and the xB, I get it.

But come on, the Ambassador? You have to be a special person to drive an Ambassador.

Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

Default That's not nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    As usual just more bullshit from Style. The gov't EPA gas rating for a 1991 Honda CRX HF (high fuel economy) is 38 city and 46 hwy. (check for yourself). If history is any indicator of why style is going to say next it will be something like " the professor and Marty McFly let style use their flux capacitor from the Delorean time machine on Back to the Future ". Rock on there Style.
    You have no idea what his MPG is so why be insulting? That's about down right rude! Besides, knowing him, he probably made some mods. That is a popular car with many modification offerings.

Henry

So how did the Z/28 get it's name?

Brian
    Touched by an Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil V View Post
    Lol,yea well this one has an intake an exaust up grade ,nothing like cleaning your filter instead of replaceing it.. and even stock thats comparable gas mileage to these battery powered cars that cost way more to fix..

Point being my motor is 450 at any salvage yard,one low resistance tire for a prius cost the same..

I can replace my whole car for 2000.00 prius batterypack is 3800 with out labor..

So how did the Z/28 get it's name?

Brian
    Really sexy ....The name Z28 started out as only a Regular Production Order (RPO) option code but has since grown into one of the most recognizable three letters in Camaro automotive history. It may just be a coincidence that the RPO code for the Camaro Super Sport (SS) package was Z27 and that RPO Z28 just followed it sequentially or maybe not. Whatever the case may be it was nothing more and nothing less than a RPO option code at first.

I guess it is a lot better than ..Regular Production order.lol

Mooch
    Some call me Doosh!

Mooch
    "Sparrow" would be a cool name for a quick/fast little two seater.

Sparrows are cool. They're way faster than other birds, and they get around. And, when there's something to compete for, they get right in there and win! They do it with speed.. like when one sparrow takes food from a flock bigger birds... they just hop in there and snatch it, and then they're gone! Other birds don't even try to chase em, because they know they don't have a chance.

Lol,yea well this one has an intake an exaust up grade ,nothing like cleaning your filter instead of replaceing it.. and even stock thats comparable gas mileage to these battery powered cars that cost way more to fix..

Point being my motor is 450 at any salvage yard,one low resistance tire for a prius cost the same..

I can replace my whole car for 2000.00 prius batterypack is 3800 with out labor..
    Those old CRXs are great cars. I knew a guy who had a mid-eighties version, maybe an '86, and that thing was pretty fast. Great handling too. I was with him when he crashed it, and that car took the hit pretty good too. The nose was all busted up, but we drove away from it... The way we went over that big ass curb at 60, I was surprised that the wheels still spun and the steering still worked.. I liked them ever since..

My younger brother lives in Georgia, and he recently got a Nissan Leaf. He said there was a State credit, and a federal credit, that pretty much made the car free. I dont remember how long he said it took, but he did get some upgrade to the charger that makes it quicker, and something about solar cells on the roof to charge while hes at work. But his commute is mostly stop and go traffic in Atlanta, but isnt really that many miles. So of course at rest, they are using next to nothing. He said where he works is actually putting charging stations in as well. He seems to dig it.

On the other hand, my bro in law has a new girlfriend who has a Prius. He says they typically get 50 mpg, has a pretty good stereo and he says when its cold out it heats up super quick. He's a big boy too. 6'2" and Over 300 pounds. Never complains about being cramped.

Also I remember having a little VW diesel truck back just after high school. Seems like it was doing around the 50mpg mark. But what a turd!