TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: LOL. Strange Rides.

Default LOL. Strange Rides.

Quote Originally Posted by bam55 View Post

Lol Bam! That poor dog sure looks tired!

... and I'll bet that one doesn't stop too good... That's like some Wile E. Coyote action right there! Lol..

that one looks like it might be fun!

Mooch is offline I guess you've noticed I DON'T HAVE A CLUE

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    Lol Bam! That poor dog sure looks tired!
    Well ..since you brought it up .If I was around and saw that ..his ass would have been kicked .

That was way before the time of animal rights Like when the country deciding between DC or AC voltage .

Old Edison being the bastard he was decided to fry some animals to show just how dangerous DC V would be .

Mooch
    Some call me Doosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
    Well ..since you brought it up .If I was around and saw that ..his ass would have been kicked .

That was way before the time of animal rights Like when the country deciding between DC or AC voltage .

Old Edison being the bastard he was decided to fry some animals to show just how dangerous DC V would be .

Mooch
    I felt the same way about that Mooch, that dog has no water to drink. But back then it was no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    I felt the same way about that Mooch, that dog has no water to drink. But back then it was no big deal.
    We have come a long way in the way dogs are treated ,but there is still more to be done. It should be illegal for certain people to own dogs.

Maybe "Lol" was the wrong way to express myself, but, just because the dog was tired doesn't mean he was abused imo..

I used to let my old dog "Serra" chase my truck around the block. She loved it. But it was a long loop... I let her do two laps once, and she was still panting 45 minutes later.. I was worried, thinking about that scene from "Cool Hand Luke". After that, I stopped doing it.

Old Serra could run like the wind. She was about 75 lbs, and she could hit 30 mph "at least". Walking her on a leash wasn't even fair for her, I ain't that fast.

When I used to let her chase my truck, I would go 20 mph... She would shoot ahead of me, and then she would have "drag races at the fence" with the next dog ahead... You know how dogs do that back and forth race at the fence when one dog is stuck in a yard.. So anyway, I would pass by, and Serra would catch up and shoot past me again, only to do drag races with the next "yard dog" we passed.

The loop where I lived at the time was probably close to a half-mile.. definitely more than a quarter mile... and old Serra did it "full speed" in zig-zag fashion. All the while, I was holding steady @20 mph. Serra would do one lap with no problem, zig zag drag races and all, but that second lap was a bit much. She was about 3 or 4 years old at the time.

When Serra was 9, and I realized that I could outrun her, it brought me to tears. I'm a little misty right now just thinking about it. Serra really was a magnificent beast back in her day!