TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: The WetWet clear coat

Default The WetWet clear coat

Anybody familiar with or have used this product? As I was searching youtube, I came across "Allcustomdesign" and they talk about the Wetwet clear. Any thoughts?

http://shop.allkandy.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFAvHA5flHo

Thanks...Al
    "Think before you speak - Pops"

ive been looking at this clear for my project as well cuz they say its lays good and dosent need buffling with only two coats....but no experience here tho

I find it almost humorous that they can make those claims without knowing the experience of the painter, the type of equipment being used to spray their products or the environment it's being used in. And the price is very high. I'd recommend that you stick with name brand products that have extensive user recommendations.

Default CAUTION...

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    Anybody familiar with or have used this product? As I was searching youtube, I came across "Allcustomdesign" and they talk about the Wetwet clear. Any thoughts?

http://shop.allkandy.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFAvHA5flHo

Thanks...Al
    WELCOME ABOARD: They lied to you!

I read the link and watched the video you posted. I'll warn you NOT to get taken in by the claims made on either. Just talking about painting with base coat / clear coat urethane or painting with anything, always understand there are MANY variables that come into play that you can and cannot control. Let's have a look at what they CLAIM:

They claim NO SHRINKAGE = That's undetermined

NO DYE BACK = Depending on how soon you sanded and buffed along with application more determines that

NO BUFFING = BUT looking at the video @ 9:50 minutes, the painter has fallen dust and trash in the paint AND SAYS he'll "have to sand all that out" and further says, that's OK since he is used to sanding and buffing.

The other key element of deception (from the video) is the fact that this painter applied what's called a "FLOW COAT" of clear. This means the car was already painted and CLEAR COATED to which he says, he sanded with 600 grit paper, making it nice and smooth for three more coats of CLEAR and in those following coats he got crap that landed in the clear that had to be sanded out. Keep in mind, IF you sand the paint, you have to buff it to get a shine.

DISCLAIMER: "Be it known, I am the same as you, a member on this site and forum. What I have said is based on facts 'as I see them in the links you posted' and my comments in no way represent claims made by this site nor its Administrator."

Have I gotten paint jobs that did not need to be sanded and buffed? Yes, many, however, for a deep look on a more show car job, you do need to sand and buff.

One good word: I have used AUTOBAHN base coat. I bought a gallon from my paint guy of Ford Torreador Red with some integrated pearl at $200 /gallon. The paint covered in surprisingly 2 coats over primer as well as the same color. I put down 3 coats, cleared it and the look is fantastic. This was a factory pack gallon of that color. Your results may vary.

Anyway, the gun you use, the compressor feeding the gun, what size of an item (whole vehicle or panel) you are painting, where you are painting, dust, ventilation, TEMPERATURE of the metal, to name a few variable all play a big part in your end result.

What are you working on?

Henry

Default Look...

Quote Originally Posted by bigscaht View Post
    ive been looking at this clear for my project as well cuz they say its lays good and dosent need buffling with only two coats....but no experience here tho
    Please look at my post #4 above for comments on this product.

WELCOME ABOARD to you as the new member.

Henry