TheCoatingStore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dry time before sanding base coat?

Honestly, you want to stick with the tech sheets as close as you can. It's like I say, there are a LOT of things that can go wrong when you are painting, why not go right by the book on the things you have control over?

Now, that being said, 24-26, that would mean jack in the grand scheme of things. The manufacturer expects that and the recommendations they have are largely within a very safe area, they don't go out to the ball out limit.

Reminds me of a great comedy routine. The guy was saying that he saw how a Twinkie had a 10 year life span. So he wondered if you ate it at 10 years and 1 day would ask your friend "Does this taste right to you?"

But that doesn't change the fact that you should stay within the tech sheets as best as you can.

Brian

No, I thought about it and I'm spraying in an hour. That's only about 7 hours from the base.

Well I got the POS done!! 1955

That's awesome!

Brian

Thanks

I almost gave up on it today lol I started at 6:45 this morning and finished it at 9:00 tonight. I had a couple down hours in there waiting
    for stuff to dry and go over again.

Agreed that's awesome.
    Avid collector of rust!