TheCoatingStore.com

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 58/55 Chevy Truck Project

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    looks fantastic! i'd drive it just like that, that grille looks mean. (kidding, i wouldn't really...)
    speaking of that grille, did you send it out for chrome? i'm still looking for a good chrome shop to send a couple of unobtanium parts to.
    Thanks man, and no that is a aftermarket grille. There will come a time I have to find a decent chrome shop in my area also. I'm shaving and doing other mods to my bumper and it will need to be rechromed when I'm done.

I've been trying to think of a way to build a air box to have the coolest air possible and found a air box that is exactly what I was thinking of building. It took a simple mod but I i did not have to make a box, which saved me a lot of time.

Last edited by bam55; 12-04-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Default Question?

Have to ask, do you ever sleep?

That looks sweet and will get the job done for you.

Also, what got you into that particular vintage truck? Is that the year, make and style you had in your mind, similar or did that one just happen?

And you still have the car, right? Thanks.

Henry

pretty cool. you have to consider the debris from the front tire though. dirt, dust and water. you must have factored that in your decision. is there shielding for the inlet?
    b marler

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Have to ask, do you ever sleep?

That looks sweet and will get the job done for you.

Also, what got you into that particular vintage truck? Is that the year, make and style you had in your mind, similar or did that one just happen?

And you still have the car, right? Thanks.

Henry
    Yes I do sleep, but only enough to stay healthy, I have things to do.lol

I've always been into the 50's cars and trucks since I was a little kid. Yes I wanted a 55-59 chevy truck or a 56 Custom Cab Ford truck those are my favorite trucks of that era. Lately I've really been digging on the 49-52 Ford Trucks and of course I've always like the 47-55 1st series Chevy and GMC.

Yes I still have the 55 Chevy 210. I will be completely redoing it after I finish the truck. The 55 Chevy 210 will be my last project, I have the truck and car I've always wanted now its just about completing them.

pretty cool. you have to consider the debris from the front tire though. dirt, dust and water. you must have factored that in your decision. is there shielding for the inlet?
    Thanks. I've already fab a cover for debris out of a drain cover from homedepot.lol
    Last edited by bam55; 12-05-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Well Iím finally getting this thing to look like a something. I got the complete dog house install, along with the headlights and turn signals, and an engine cover (I think itís temporary until I have time to fab something). I also started wet sanding the fenders.

Default I knew it!

All weekend as I ran by your thread, I wondered, "wonder what he's up to this weekend?" I knew it had to be something.

This is better than weekly episodes of a favorite TV series from years ago!

WOW bam, getting to look really 'together' and shows well with a "happy face" too.

Seriously, looking fantastic.

Henry

Henry,

No need to wonder I'm always working on cars and trucks. Mine or my buddies, it keeps me out of trouble and like the wife says she knows where I am at all times.lol I'm with her or with cars and trucks.

The wifey said the truck was way too loud.lol She will be in it with me and I want her comfortable so I had to compromise. I installed new mufflers. The were cheap but got good reviews. So for the price I tried them. They are Jones Exhaust Max Air Flows.

Heres what the truck sounds like now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmnrz3v1YTs
    Last edited by bam55; 12-10-2018 at 05:34 PM.

i couldn't help noticing the steering angle in one of those latest pictures. is everything hooked up there? if so that's a tight turning radius indeed!
    b marler

i couldn't help noticing the steering angle in one of those latest pictures. is everything hooked up there? if so that's a tight turning radius indeed!
    Nope the tie rod is not hooked up I was changing a cracked dust boot before I decided to take pics

ahh, makes sense. i was prepared to be impressed by the 5 foot turning radius... keep up the good work!
    b marler

Let there be lights