TheCoatingStore.com

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 229

Thread: 58/55 Chevy Truck Project

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11,916

    Default Stand on your own!

    Quote Originally Posted by bam55 View Post
    Well I was finally able to get her back on all 4's since I painted the cab and the front clip.*


    Standing on its own, bam and it looks sweet.

    What size are those sneakers?

    The seat looks to be from a '90's Chevy P/U?

    Why is the rear couple feet of the bed that color?

    Looking really good and you know what? It ain't even racing but it's in the home stretch! Thanks bam.

    Henry

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Standing on its own, bam and it looks sweet.

    What size are those sneakers?

    The seat looks to be from a '90's Chevy P/U?

    Why is the rear couple feet of the bed that color?

    Looking really good and you know what? It ain't even racing but it's in the home stretch! Thanks bam.

    Henry
    The wheels are 18x7 front and 18x10 rear.

    Correct on the seat. I've been looking for the one with the center arm rest for a really long time and I could not find it in So Cal. Then I met up with a Forum buddy at a car show and he told me he would find one and ship it to me at cost. He did.

    The end of the bed is that color because I welded up all the seams and epoxy primed it.

    I hope I'm in the home stretch, I'm ready to ride.lol

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11,916

    Default Where art thou bam?

    Hey, good buddy, you out riding around in our toy truck?

    Been a few weeks. Hope all is well. You must be having a buffing & assembly marathon.

    I envy what you do and we all appreciate you sharing.

    Henry

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Henry, I think that Bam is getting his truck ready for the March 30th Goodguys in P-town. He has room for an ice chest in the back so that I don't have to pay $12/beer at the show.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Hey, good buddy, you out riding around in our toy truck?

    Been a few weeks. Hope all is well. You must be having a buffing & assembly marathon.

    I envy what you do and we all appreciate you sharing.

    Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatBald View Post
    Henry, I think that Bam is getting his truck ready for the March 30th Goodguys in P-town. He has room for an ice chest in the back so that I don't have to pay $12/beer at the show.
    Hey Guys,

    I have not been able to work on the truck alot lately due to the weather in Los Angeles (Can you believe I said that about LA? Its been raining alot lately) But have been able to do some little things like get my driveshaft installed. The weather has cleared back up so I'll get back on it.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11,916

    Default No sweat!

    Quote Originally Posted by bam55 View Post
    Hey Guys,

    I have not been able to work on the truck alot lately due to the weather in Los Angeles (Can you believe I said that about LA? Its been raining alot lately) But have been able to do some little things like get my driveshaft installed. The weather has cleared back up so I'll get back on it.
    Not a problem. Sometime, we all want to make sure everything is OK with you and yours.

    You're stuck with us and we care.

    Stay dry! Later.

    Henry

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Well once again I could not leave well enough alone. The more I looked at the truck the more 20x12 in the rear kept on calling me. So I decided on new shoes for the project. I thought 20's in the rear would look better with the Fleetside bed. So I went with 18x7 front, and 20x12's rear.




  8. #218
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11,916

    Default A Pre-emergent...

    Quote Originally Posted by bam55 View Post
    Well once again I could not leave well enough alone. The more I looked at the truck the more 20x12 in the rear kept on calling me. So I decided on new shoes for the project. I thought 20's in the rear would look better with the Fleetside bed. So I went with 18x7 front, and 20x12's rear.



    Your post has been a great pre-emergent to my weekend. Was hoping you would be able to share something new with us.

    You do know, with the rear in that truck, coupled with those tires, the power of the engine along with you driving, you will pull those front wheels off the ground.

    Hey, why not, you waited long enough and certainly paid your dues. (Still wish you were a neighbor).

    Henry

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bam55 View Post
    Hey Guys,

    I have not been able to work on the truck alot lately due to the weather in Los Angeles (Can you believe I said that about LA? Its been raining alot lately) But have been able to do some little things like get my driveshaft installed. The weather has cleared back up so I'll get back on it.

    Ok, we will hold you a spot for the Goodguys event this June 1 & 2, 2019 at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton, CA.

    BTW, Since I know have an extra, newly rebuilt Caddy 472 engine and tranny combo laying around (long story involving my 65 Caddy convertible and a Camaro SS L99 motor...) I have been looking for a 60-61 Chevy long bed to convert to a frame laying, ground scraping dually - so far everything has either been pure rust or $30k+ - 20 years ago you couldn't give a long bed or fleet side away, now they are gold.

    Looking forward to seeing more of your truck Bam!

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Your post has been a great pre-emergent to my weekend. Was hoping you would be able to share something new with us.

    You do know, with the rear in that truck, coupled with those tires, the power of the engine along with you driving, you will pull those front wheels off the ground.

    Hey, why not, you waited long enough and certainly paid your dues. (Still wish you were a neighbor).

    Henry
    Thanks man for all your compliments.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatBald View Post
    Ok, we will hold you a spot for the Goodguys event this June 1 & 2, 2019 at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton, CA.

    BTW, Since I know have an extra, newly rebuilt Caddy 472 engine and tranny combo laying around (long story involving my 65 Caddy convertible and a Camaro SS L99 motor...) I have been looking for a 60-61 Chevy long bed to convert to a frame laying, ground scraping dually - so far everything has either been pure rust or $30k+ - 20 years ago you couldn't give a long bed or fleet side away, now they are gold.

    Looking forward to seeing more of your truck Bam!
    Yeah I know trucks have really sky rocketed in price, especially the C10's. Question why 60-61? 60-66 also have the same body style

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bam55 View Post
    ...Question why 60-61? 60-66 also have the same body style
    Just for the hood and the dash. I can get up to a 66 and install a 61 hood and dash if I find the right one.

    What I would LOVE is a 4-door long bed to convert to a slammed dually but they are kind of made out of unobtainium and I certainly don't have those type of grafting skills of cutting up an old suburban and finishing it into a four door cab.

    So, I'll just keep looking for something like a 60-66 two door suburban, an old station wagon, late fifties Chevy/GMC apache or something cool to drop that motor in - maybe a 68 Elderado???. Little off track side story, I was looking on one of the old C10 forums "Trucks for Sale" area and found a 66 suburban that looked (in the photos) to be not too bad condition. Sold two days prior! It was for sale on the site for over six months and I missed by a few days!! Oh well!

    Cant wait to see you truck on the road and sitting on the lawn at one of our Nor Cal shows - we have a pretty cool local show in Napa late summer every year also.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatBald View Post
    Just for the hood and the dash. I can get up to a 66 and install a 61 hood and dash if I find the right one.

    What I would LOVE is a 4-door long bed to convert to a slammed dually but they are kind of made out of unobtainium and I certainly don't have those type of grafting skills of cutting up an old suburban and finishing it into a four door cab.

    So, I'll just keep looking for something like a 60-66 two door suburban, an old station wagon, late fifties Chevy/GMC apache or something cool to drop that motor in - maybe a 68 Elderado???. Little off track side story, I was looking on one of the old C10 forums "Trucks for Sale" area and found a 66 suburban that looked (in the photos) to be not too bad condition. Sold two days prior! It was for sale on the site for over six months and I missed by a few days!! Oh well!

    Cant wait to see you truck on the road and sitting on the lawn at one of our Nor Cal shows - we have a pretty cool local show in Napa late summer every year also.
    I use to own a 1964 Suburban I wish I had it now. It was a cool truck, my band (at the time) and I had a lot of fun in that truck. This was in the mid 80's

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Yes another change.lol I keep looking at my 55 hood and my 58 hood and thought it wood look good if I grafted the 58 hood onto the 55 hood.


    Mocked up to see how it would flow.


  14. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    742

    Default


    Welding it in.


  15. #225
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Done



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •