TheCoatingStore.com

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 58/55 Chevy Truck Project

Default Yes sir...

Quote Originally Posted by bam55 View Post
    For those that do this as a hobby and don't have a paint booth. If you are interested here is a video of my makeshift paint booth setup after I painted bed.

Thanks for sharing that as I'm sure a lot of others will benefit. Does it get warm to hot inside there? I had a SHELTER LOGIC one(12 X 20) and on a 20 degree day it was 65 inside but the humidity of the daytime turned to dew and droplets.

Of course the fix for that was venting which you have already.

(Now I gotta go find your item on YouTube so I can give it a LIKE! I'm already SUBSCRIBED.)

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Thanks for sharing that as I'm sure a lot of others will benefit. Does it get warm to hot inside there? I had a SHELTER LOGIC one(12 X 20) and on a 20 degree day it was 65 inside but the humidity of the daytime turned to dew and droplets.

Of course the fix for that was venting which you have already.

(Now I gotta go find your item on YouTube so I can give it a LIKE! I'm already SUBSCRIBED.)

Henry
    No it does not get hot at all. Like you said I have the blower and pullers going at all times.

For those that do this as a hobby and don't have a paint booth. If you are interested here is a video of my makeshift paint booth setup after I painted bed.

Nice work Bam! After looking through "most" of your build thread I'm curious if you stayed with the stock intake and TB? Those 243 heads put out a nice flow @ 265 cfm! Guessing they are from a Z06? I stayed with my stock 706 heads (L59) that flow 245 cfm. However after installing a stage 2 cam (216, .600 and 112 lobe sep) and spring package I decided to go with the Holley Sniper LS3 90mm DBW intake and TB. I'm thinking I'll need the 243's down the road to get the most out of the cam for mid range. Do you experience any hesitation or tuning problems from air starving the engine or was you able to tune it to your intake and TB flow? If you retained the stock ECU harness and want to go 90mm or 105 DBW intake I can give you the info for this set up (have a feeling you already know this). Again, great build and a true artist. I admire your work and feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    Nice work Bam! After looking through "most" of your build thread I'm curious if you stayed with the stock intake and TB? Those 243 heads put out a nice flow @ 265 cfm! Guessing they are from a Z06? I stayed with my stock 706 heads (L59) that flow 245 cfm. However after installing a stage 2 cam (216, .600 and 112 lobe sep) and spring package I decided to go with the Holley Sniper LS3 90mm DBW intake and TB. I'm thinking I'll need the 243's down the road to get the most out of the cam for mid range. Do you experience any hesitation or tuning problems from air starving the engine or was you able to tune it to your intake and TB flow? If you retained the stock ECU harness and want to go 90mm or 105 DBW intake I can give you the info for this set up (have a feeling you already know this). Again, great build and a true artist. I admire your work and feel your pain.
    Yes I'm using the stock intake and throttle body I running a TSP cam and yes I was able to tune it and I don't experience hesitation. But I will also have the truck dyno tuned before I really drive the truck hard.

Yes I'm using the stock intake and throttle body I running a TSP cam and yes I was able to tune it and I don't experience hesitation. But I will also have the truck dyno tuned before I really drive the truck hard.
    I love your work, especially all the customs. Any chance you can post the numbers from your dyno pulls after the tune? I too use TSP for my cams, they do a great custom grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronf View Post
    I love your work, especially all the customs. Any chance you can post the numbers from your dyno pulls after the tune? I too use TSP for my cams, they do a great custom grind.
    Thanks man I really appreciate that. The dyno tune will not be for a while. I' shooting to really be driving the truck for summer. Thats about the time I'm looking at the dyno tune. I will post what we find at that time.

Well I got the wood stained and protected.

Stained. I mixed three stains to come up with this color. It very close to the matching my seat. I like it.

To protect the wood I decided to use Total Boat Marine Gleam Varnish Gloss. I like it because you can do like 3 coats a day with an hour or 3 hours between
    coats depending on the weather. I used a foam brush to apply it.

Default Yes sir...

Well I got the wood stained and protected.

Stained. I mixed three stains to come up with this color. It very close to the matching my seat. I like it.

To protect the wood I decided to use Total Boat Marine Gleam Varnish Gloss. I like it because you can do like 3 coats a day with an hour or 3 hours between
    coats depending on the weather. I used a foam brush to apply it.

Looks great! Color will compliment everything else.

Careful who sees that wood as you may be building 'kitchen cabinets' in short order!

Thanks for keeping us in step with you.

Henry

Looks great! Color will compliment everything else.

Careful who sees that wood as you may be building 'kitchen cabinets' in short order!

Thanks for keeping us in step with you.

Henry
    Thanks man but no wood working for me I like metal way more.lol I'm trying to get everything ready for when I have a bunch of my buddies over to help me put this bed on the truck. They're waiting and I'm nervous something will get scratched. I just have to prepare myself mentally so I will not get pissed if something gets scratched.lol
    Last edited by bam55; 02-18-2021 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks man but no wood working for me I like metal way more.lol I'm trying to get everything ready for when I have a bunch of my buddies over to help me put this bed on the truck. Their waiting and I'm nervous something will get scratched. I just have to prepare myself mentally so I will not get pissed if something gets scratched.lol
    maybe try some of this: https://www.amazon.com/TrackArmour-T.../dp/B07F3DW4TQ

i use it on door edges and other places i worry about during assembly. there must be other options too, this is just what i use.
    b marler

That wood looks amazing.
    Building my dream one piece at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bmarler View Post
    maybe try some of this: https://www.amazon.com/TrackArmour-T.../dp/B07F3DW4TQ i use it on door edges and other places i worry about during assembly. there must be other options too, this is just what i use.
    Thanks for the link, I used something similar to this when I installed my hood. But this is way more product than what I used for the hood. I have a plan to install the but, its all about having the right people helping me. People who listen and don't assume it will fix, not rush things etc. I have a couple of buddies who are just as nutting on details and thats who I hoping have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marten View Post
    That wood looks amazing.
    Thanks man I appreciate it.

Well I got some of the wood installed, but I have to stop here until I have some of my buddies come over to help install the bed on the truck. I have access to the bolts that mount it to the frame at this point.

Default Yes sir...

Well I got some of the wood installed, but I have to stop here until I have some of my buddies come over to help install the bed on the truck. I have access to the bolts that mount it to the frame at this point.

When you're good, YOU'RE good - and you seem to take that to the next level - all the time. Nice camera shots!

Henry

When you're good, YOU'RE good - and you seem to take that to the next level - all the time. Nice camera shots!

Henry
    Thanks. I don't know about how good I am, I just try really hard. I can work hard and try hard with the best of them.lol