TheCoatingStore.com
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 58/55 Chevy Truck Project

Default Off Camera Gremlims???

Every time that I see this truck, I am amazed at the amount and quality of the fab work being done.

Welding into that painted firewall!!! HOLY **** And yes it does look AWESOME.

My jealousy is an ugly ugly emotion and that is one BEAUTIFUL Truck! I sure wish I knew someone like you that would let me hang out and bug the hell out of you with question!

Quote Originally Posted by OldFatBald View Post
    Every time that I see this truck, I am amazed at the amount and quality of the fab work being done.

Welding into that painted firewall!!! HOLY **** And yes it does look AWESOME.

My jealousy is an ugly ugly emotion and that is one BEAUTIFUL Truck! I sure wish I knew someone like you that would let me hang out and bug the hell out of you with question!
    Way too much admiration for my work but I thank you. We may not be able to hang out but you can still ask me questions and I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by bam55 View Post
    Way too much admiration for my work but I thank you. We may not be able to hang out but you can still ask me questions and I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Bam, that admiration is totally earned. I need someone that I can stand there and ask - WTH am I doing wrong!! At least with this paint stuff, I am able to sand it off and redo it!!

Keep up the good work and posting.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFatBald View Post
    At least with this paint stuff, I am able to sand it off and redo it!!
    Yeah but that can make your wife crazy because she just wants you to get her done. It can also be very time consuming and expensive.lol Ask me how I know.lol

Well I finished blending the paint on the firewall after the steering column mount fab work. It came out nice, you can't tell that I cut into that paint.

Default Amazing bam!!!

Well I finished blending the paint on the firewall after the steering column mount fab work. It came out nice, you can't tell that I cut into that paint.

What a nice job you did on that! No, you really can't tell in the bodywork nor the paint work.

You're a true artist and glad you share your talent on the site.

Henry

PS: I was gonna say, looks great except for the color match but we all know it was the lighting on the color.

Nice work Bam. What paint products are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    What a nice job you did on that! No, you really can't tell in the bodywork nor the paint work.

You're a true artist and glad you share your talent on the site.

Henry

PS: I was gonna say, looks great except for the color match but we all know it was the lighting on the color.
    Yeah that green looks different in different settings, also pics are from different cameras. Actual the second pic is the actual color of the truck in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Nice work Bam. What paint products are you using?
    That is Nason Basecoat (we are very limited of what we can purchase in Cali as far a solvent paints) and a Tamco Galmour Clear.

With the column mod finished, I installed the steering column and I have to say I like it much better than the ididit swivel ball I had in place before. Less busy and a smoother look in my opinion.

Last edited by bam55; Today at 11:30 AM.

Default Just thinking...

With the column mod finished, I installed the steering column and I have to say I like it much better than the idiot swivel ball I had in place before. Less busy and a smoother look in my opinion.

I checked in on the forum about 20 minutes ago and was wondering about you and what you've done to the truck since last you spoke.

Now, we can see. VERY nice how you have things coming together and they DO look sweet.

Thanks for continued sharing.

Henry