TheCoatingStore.com

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 230

Thread: 58/55 Chevy Truck Project

  1. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    401

    Default Off Camera Gremlims???

    Every time that I see this truck, I am amazed at the amount and quality of the fab work being done.

    Welding into that painted firewall!!! HOLY **** And yes it does look AWESOME.

    My jealousy is an ugly ugly emotion and that is one BEAUTIFUL Truck! I sure wish I knew someone like you that would let me hang out and bug the hell out of you with question!

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatBald View Post
    Every time that I see this truck, I am amazed at the amount and quality of the fab work being done.

    Welding into that painted firewall!!! HOLY **** And yes it does look AWESOME.

    My jealousy is an ugly ugly emotion and that is one BEAUTIFUL Truck! I sure wish I knew someone like you that would let me hang out and bug the hell out of you with question!
    Way too much admiration for my work but I thank you. We may not be able to hang out but you can still ask me questions and I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bam55 View Post
    Way too much admiration for my work but I thank you. We may not be able to hang out but you can still ask me questions and I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

    Bam, that admiration is totally earned. I need someone that I can stand there and ask - WTH am I doing wrong!! At least with this paint stuff, I am able to sand it off and redo it!!

    Keep up the good work and posting.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatBald View Post
    At least with this paint stuff, I am able to sand it off and redo it!!
    Yeah but that can make your wife crazy because she just wants you to get her done. It can also be very time consuming and expensive.lol Ask me how I know.lol

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Well I finished blending the paint on the firewall after the steering column mount fab work. It came out nice, you can't tell that I cut into that paint.


  6. #171
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,953

    Default Amazing bam!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bam55 View Post
    Well I finished blending the paint on the firewall after the steering column mount fab work. It came out nice, you can't tell that I cut into that paint.

    What a nice job you did on that! No, you really can't tell in the bodywork nor the paint work.

    You're a true artist and glad you share your talent on the site.

    Henry

    PS: I was gonna say, looks great except for the color match but we all know it was the lighting on the color.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    39,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bam55 View Post
    Well I finished blending the paint on the firewall after the steering column mount fab work. It came out nice, you can't tell that I cut into that paint.

    Nice work Bam. What paint products are you using?

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    What a nice job you did on that! No, you really can't tell in the bodywork nor the paint work.

    You're a true artist and glad you share your talent on the site.

    Henry

    PS: I was gonna say, looks great except for the color match but we all know it was the lighting on the color.
    Yeah that green looks different in different settings, also pics are from different cameras. Actual the second pic is the actual color of the truck in person.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Nice work Bam. What paint products are you using?
    That is Nason Basecoat (we are very limited of what we can purchase in Cali as far a solvent paints) and a Tamco Galmour Clear.

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    743

    Default

    With the column mod finished, I installed the steering column and I have to say I like it much better than the ididit swivel ball I had in place before. Less busy and a smoother look in my opinion.

    Last edited by bam55; 11-13-2018 at 10:30 AM.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,953

    Default Just thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by bam55 View Post
    With the column mod finished, I installed the steering column and I have to say I like it much better than the idiot swivel ball I had in place before. Less busy and a smoother look in my opinion.

    I checked in on the forum about 20 minutes ago and was wondering about you and what you've done to the truck since last you spoke.

    Now, we can see. VERY nice how you have things coming together and they DO look sweet.

    Thanks for continued sharing.

    Henry

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Well I got the inner fenders installed. The truck is starting to look like a truck.lol


    Last edited by bam55; 11-26-2018 at 04:21 PM.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,953

    Default A 'TRUCK' you say?

    MORE like a masterpiece!

    Are you putting all those wires in a plastic loom? (Why do I even ask!)

    Henry

    PS: Wish I lived up the street from you.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    olympia,wa
    Posts
    659

    Default

    looks fantastic! i'd drive it just like that, that grille looks mean. (kidding, i wouldn't really...)
    speaking of that grille, did you send it out for chrome? i'm still looking for a good chrome shop to send a couple of unobtanium parts to.
    b marler

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    MORE like a masterpiece!

    Are you putting all those wires in a plastic loom? (Why do I even ask!)

    Henry

    PS: Wish I lived up the street from you.
    You mean like this



    I did this mod to the inner fenders for this purpose.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •