TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: sure shot dribble

Default sure shot dribble

I have a sure shot that dribbles after I stop misting. Using it for DX330 (PPG wax&grease remover). It actually narrows the spray and pees a bit then dribbles for a little while. Eventually stops, but its wasting my material and leaving a mess behind. What do I need to do to get this working properly again?

Thanks!

Maybe take it apart and clean it? Needle and seat could be dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by fj5gtx View Post
    I have a sure shot that dribbles after I stop misting. Using it for DX330 (PPG wax&grease remover). It actually narrows the spray and pees a bit then dribbles for a little while. Eventually stops, but its wasting my material and leaving a mess behind. What do I need to do to get this working properly again?

Thanks!
    I don't see a rebuilding kit for that sprayer. Remember never put lacquer thinner or any "hot" solvent in any sprayer because it will distroy the seals. In most cases grease and wax remover won't hurt it but thinner will kill it quickly.

If you have to replace it get one like the plastic one below, it is much easier to use and we've been using the same one for over 10 years. The USC Sprayer is more expensive but it's a really good tool and if you hurt it with thinner you can get a rebuild kit for it.

I found a exploded diagram, guess I'll contact the company for seals. Its only 10 years old, so I can't really complain...

Default SureShot company supports plenty of parts

I found a exploded diagram, guess I'll contact the company for seals. Its only 10 years old, so I can't really complain...
    I wrote them an email and had my answer in less than an hour... suggested I replace the valve and sent me a full parts list with pricing... $7.00 for the part they suggest I swap.

Made in the USA since 1932. Gotta luv that!

I wrote them an email and had my answer in less than an hour... suggested I replace the valve and sent me a full parts list with pricing... $7.00 for the part they suggest I swap.

Made in the USA since 1932. Gotta luv that!
    Isn't that the sprayer that you need a funnel to fill and you put air in it from the compressor?

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Isn't that the sprayer that you need a funnel to fill and you put air in it from the compressor?
    Yes, rated at up to 200 psi. It lasts a long time, takes just a second to pressurize it. I don't need a funnel for mine, but I'm not filling it from a 5 gallon pail either.

manufacturer's website:

http://www.sureshotsprayer.com/

Mine has some extra stuff on it, but this looks similar. $31 shipped ...

http://www.amazon.com/Vaper-Spot-Spr...reshot+sprayer

People say its hard to buy American - not sure that is totally true. I actually have a bunch of stuff in the shop that is made in USA, and significant tools... like Older Sharpe Paint Guns, Hobart Mig, Hypertherm Plasma, etc. Even my framing hammer is USA made.

Yes, rated at up to 200 psi. It lasts a long time, takes just a second to pressurize it. I don't need a funnel for mine, but I'm not filling it from a 5 gallon pail either.

manufacturer's website:

http://www.sureshotsprayer.com/

Mine has some extra stuff on it, but this looks similar. $31 shipped ...

http://www.amazon.com/Vaper-Spot-Spr...reshot+sprayer

People say its hard to buy American - not sure that is totally true. I actually have a bunch of stuff in the shop that is made in USA, and significant tools... like Older Sharpe Paint Guns, Hobart Mig, Hypertherm Plasma, etc. Even my framing hammer is USA made.
    Sorry, that's exactly like the one I used for about a month and gave it away. The USC Sprayer is much easier and more convenient to use. Give the USC a try you'll see what I mean.

I add fluid / pressurize it so infrequently, the convenience that I assume you're talking about wouldn't make sense.

I guess if it were something I was picking up and using all day long, I'd be more concerned about a minute or two to get it refreshed.

If you get any other tools you want to give away... let me know!

I add fluid / pressurize it so infrequently, the convenience that I assume you're talking about wouldn't make sense.

I guess if it were something I was picking up and using all day long, I'd be more concerned about a minute or two to get it refreshed.

If you get any other tools you want to give away... let me know!
    When I'm busy I can refill my sprayer every other day and having to use a funnel to fill it from a gallon can and an air hose and tire inflater to pressurize it was driving me nuts so I ditched it. Of course I was spoiled by the USC sprayer before I used the Sure Shot.