TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: drop of water on bc?

Default drop of water on bc?

if anyone is around...just waiting for a question....just sprayed base and a drop of sweat fell on in. going to do the clear soon. I'll figure something out....but if you are around, please let me know what you think. Thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    if anyone is around...just waiting for a question....just sprayed base and a drop of sweat fell on in. going to do the clear soon. I'll figure something out....but if you are around, please let me know what you think. Thanks
    Mike
    If it's still in liquid form I'd probably fold a paper towel to make it into a point and absorb the water off the surface. I don't like wiping base coat because it can disturb the paint. You may need to blow a little color over the spot if it's discolored.

Default 9 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    Mike
    Thankfully it's ONLY the base. No problem. I would just dab the droplet. Don't wipe as you'll only spread the salt water further. See what the area looks like after the droplet is gone. Like to see more base blasted and watch that area. I've had that happen on base and on clear. Put on a sweatband, take your time, stop thinking about the sweat blob and make us a great job.

Henry

Default thanks guys

thanks len and henry...you're the best..heading back in to see what it looks like.

Maybe I overreacted about that. It doesnt even show now that the clear is on. Put 3 coats of clear on. This is just the roof and hood so far. The rest is taped off. Truck to big for me to do it all at once. I know I would have bumped into the sides with the ladder. I got tired of watching paint dry this morning, so I'm excited to check it out tonight.

For future reference, if it's close to the edge i usually just chase it off with air from my gun. If it drops on dry base it doesn't usually make a mark at all. If It drops on wet base or you happen to put base on top before seeing it, you may have to use Len and Henry's method to remove the water then lightly scuff and put a little more base on top. If it's out in the middle of a big panel I usually daub it dry.

I'm a heavy sweater...I feel your pain.

SG

Happens to me all the time down here in florida. I usually just daub it, let it flash, and rub it with a little 1500. Then blow a little base over it.