TheCoatingStore.com

Thread: to get 29psi w/ trigger pulled

Default to get 29psi w/ trigger pulled

I made something that seems like a good idea to me. Do you see any problem with doing it this way. I put this on between my hose and gun, and adjust the wall to 29psi. Then I remove it while I paint. That is the plan anyway. That way I dont have a gauge to get in the way, and the psi should be constant. My set up is about a 50' large diameter hose to the garage from the compressor. In the garage there is a filter/water remover and regulator. This is where I adjust it. The hose from this regulator to the gun is a 25 or 30' hose. by the way, the regulator on the wall tends to be around 10 psi higher than the one on the gun, so there seems to be about a 10psi drop or less to the gun with trigger pulled, and this would seem about right to me. the gauge is actually a mini regulator but I tapped it so it stays wide open. Thanks
    20130809_171300.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    I made something that seems like a good idea to me. Do you see any problem with doing it this way. I put this on between my hose and gun, and adjust the wall to 29psi. Then I remove it while I paint. That is the plan anyway. That way I dont have a gauge to get in the way, and the psi should be constant. My set up is about a 50' large diameter hose to the garage from the compressor. In the garage there is a filter/water remover and regulator. This is where I adjust it. The hose from this regulator to the gun is a 25 or 30' hose. by the way, the regulator on the wall tends to be around 10 psi higher than the one on the gun, so there seems to be about a 10psi drop or less to the gun with trigger pulled, and this would seem about right to me. the gauge is actually a mini regulator but I tapped it so it stays wide open. Thanks
    The only problem with doing it that way is that the gauge can restrict the flow to the gun causing the pressure to change when the gauge is removed. If the air coming from the gun sounds the same and the gun performs the same with and without the gauge you should be ok.

Thanks. it does sound and feel the same to me. If it's different, I can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    The only problem with doing it that way is that the gauge can restrict the flow to the gun causing the pressure to change when the gauge is removed. If the air coming from the gun sounds the same and the gun performs the same with and without the gauge you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    Thanks. it does sound and feel the same to me. If it's different, I can't tell.
    Do a little painting with and without it and if it seems the same you should be ok either way.