TheCoatingStore.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: psi input pressure

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    429

    Default psi input pressure

    Looking for info on the new sagola 4500 xtreme input pressure. I used 34 with trigger pulled seemed to high. What is optimum?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    27,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostje View Post
    Looking for info on the new sagola 4500 xtreme input pressure. I used 34 with trigger pulled seemed to high. What is optimum?
    It's 29 PSI max but several people have been lowing the inlet pressure to reduce overspray and found that it still atomizes well. Isn't the maximum pressure stamped on the handle?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    It's 29 PSI max but several people have been lowing the inlet pressure to reduce overspray and found that it still atomizes well. Isn't the maximum pressure stamped on the handle?
    I didnt look. Thanks, I had it up to high at first, now about 25psi with the trigger pulled. That is the most perfect finish i've seen in a while. Although I havent used my tekna as much, this is my new favorite for clear. I have only 1 disappointment. I couldnt go around a mid sized car without having to fill up the clear again. I kept running out 3/4 way through spraying, other than that , looks like it came right off the showroom floor cut and buffed. There was a little contamination from whatever was in that gun when first manufactured, I thought I cleaned it out with some laquer thinner, but I guess i didnt get it all. Love the gun len, awesome, thanks again. I wont give up on my tekna copper though, maybe I'll use that for base and clear. It did a fine job as well. Nothing like the sagola though. That thing you can tell the atomozation is just soooo fine, its sick.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    27,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostje View Post
    I didnt look. Thanks, I had it up to high at first, now about 25psi with the trigger pulled. That is the most perfect finish i've seen in a while. Although I havent used my tekna as much, this is my new favorite for clear. I have only 1 disappointment. I couldnt go around a mid sized car without having to fill up the clear again. I kept running out 3/4 way through spraying, other than that , looks like it came right off the showroom floor cut and buffed. There was a little contamination from whatever was in that gun when first manufactured, I thought I cleaned it out with some laquer thinner, but I guess i didnt get it all. Love the gun len, awesome, thanks again. I wont give up on my tekna copper though, maybe I'll use that for base and clear. It did a fine job as well. Nothing like the sagola though. That thing you can tell the atomozation is just soooo fine, its sick.
    I should have some 1ltr aluminum cups coming in September but I've been using the 34oz DeKups on big jobs.

  5. #5
    satarules Guest

    Default 1 ltr. cups

    when and how much,how bout for the 3300.so is n.j. the new distributor for sagola.what happened to the Michigan distributer that sant me my 3300 when I bought it from you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    27,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satarules View Post
    when and how much,how bout for the 3300.so is n.j. the new distributor for sagola.what happened to the Michigan distributer that sant me my 3300 when I bought it from you.
    For some reason the aluminum cups seem expensive but I haven't seen them yet. I'll be getting a few 1 ltr. cups in this order for the 4500 which are $115 each and I would imagine that the same size cup for the 3300 are the same price. I'll let you know what I find. I'm not a fan of the plastic cups that come with the guns but the DeVilbiss DeKups work great.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    27,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    For some reason the aluminum cups seem expensive but I haven't seen them yet. I'll be getting a few 1 ltr. cups in this order for the 4500 which are $115 each and I would imagine that the same size cup for the 3300 are the same price. I'll let you know what I find. I'm not a fan of the plastic cups that come with the guns but the DeVilbiss DeKups work great.
    I just got the word, the 1 ltr. aluminum cups are $115 for the Sagola 4500, 3300 and 4100. If you want one let me know.

  8. #8
    satarules Guest

    Default 1 ltr cups

    so do these have any warranty with them,and i'm assuming n.j. is the new distributer for sagola.didn't you sat back in the day you were hesitant to sell sagola because n.j. didn't stock parts.kinda like the dura-block 007 guns you said sprayed great but parts were hard to come by.just want to know if n.j. is new distributer again are they gonna follw thru or flake like they did before.also when will 4500 and 4500 digitals be on special again.and last question have you sold any of the 4100's or at least tried one would like to hear some feedback about how iy sprays.maybe you should run special on those.thnxs,russ

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    27,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satarules View Post
    so do these have any warranty with them,and i'm assuming n.j. is the new distributer for sagola.didn't you sat back in the day you were hesitant to sell sagola because n.j. didn't stock parts.kinda like the dura-block 007 guns you said sprayed great but parts were hard to come by.just want to know if n.j. is new distributer again are they gonna follw thru or flake like they did before.also when will 4500 and 4500 digitals be on special again.and last question have you sold any of the 4100's or at least tried one would like to hear some feedback about how iy sprays.maybe you should run special on those.thnxs,russ
    Because of the Sagola price and performance we will most likely see them getting more and more popular so I'd imagine that you're going to see dealers popping up here and there. This will mean that parts will become more and more available. The NJ distributor doesn't have everything yet but they are slowly putting it together and so far has had everything I've needed. The Dura-Block distributor spray gun was a headache to deal with so we dropped the line and now only sell their sanding blocks.

    We will probably offer the 4500 and the Mini on a Group Purchase Special in October for delivery in November. We are slowly building an inventory of parts here for these guns so me may have what you need when that day comes.

    We've sold about a half dozen 4100 GTOs and the only feedback we've gotten is from a shop in Australia that purchase one then called saying how much they loved it and purchased another one. I have a couple of new 4100s here but haven't tried them yet.

  10. #10
    satarules Guest

    Default 4100

    bust out a 4100 and let the people know.the masses wanna know.I WANNA KNOW.don't you know who I think I am lol

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    27,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satarules View Post
    bust out a 4100 and let the people know.the masses wanna know.I WANNA KNOW.don't you know who I think I am lol
    Buy one and tell us what you think and I'll sell it to you at a Group Discount price of $225.

    It's my understanding that it's an excellent gun for the standard discount of $299.

  12. #12
    satarules Guest

    Default 4100

    send one over and i'll be the test pig

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default

    I think id just spring for the 4500 and step right over the 4100. Although I have no doubt its a great gun. Sounds like right between the 3300 and 4500. Anyone spraying base with a Sagola yet? Seems like they are mostly clear guns 'round here. I ask because my Sata 3000 digital needs a rebuild kit because its not letting me control the air fully anymore. $175 here locally. F that!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Parts for any quality gun arent cheap even sagola,but if you look at the parts breakdown you can find out what part you need and change it,more than likely you don't need the complete kit.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    962

    Default


    Dirty bastard rep told me I would have to buy a rebuild kit! Made it sound like that was the only way to get it (needle, nozel, cap...etc..)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •